Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

So, basically a massive pissing contest. Musk is absolutely showing contempt. If he truly wants to do humanity a favour he should pull the plug on x/twitter and write it off as a tax loss. If we all woke up tomorrow and found twitter had vanished, would the world be in any way worse?
Your mistake is thinking Musk has ever actually done anything with the goal of helping humanity.

But what about those genuine people who want to just listen to their friends so that their opinions can be doubly reinforced and validate their hateful behaviour by othering other people on the internet? ;-O

Just today we have internet friends being warned right on here for trying to enforce an echo chamber on another thread, it's a bit embarrassing really.
The irony of this post doesn’t suit you, mate.

Your mistake is thinking Musk has ever actually done anything with the goal of helping humanity.
I honestly can't work him out. Genius on some sort of spectrum most likely. I don't think he's a saint or evil incarnate either though. I'm not sure even he knows what he wants to achieve with twitter

I honestly can't work him out. Genius on some sort of spectrum most likely. I don't think he's a saint or evil incarnate either though. I'm not sure even he knows what he wants to achieve with twitter

Your mistake is assuming he's a genius. That's part of his mystique.

He's just an old fashioned industrialist who realised exaggerating this myth was good for his brand.

A weird creepy bloke who has accumulated too much money and wealth and lost a sense of perspective, he probably never held.

Not a genius, just someone given extreme privilege (and allowed to commit fraud at a frequency and level that would have had you and me in prison long ago).

And I think very, very few people that have ever lived have been evil incarnate. Nearly everyone was “good” to some other person or group of people at some point. Even the likes of Hitler and Stalin were “good” to people at times, even as adults. Even up until their death.

What is true of those people we generally hold up as examples of “evil humans”, though, is the width and depth of the harm they caused to most people, and often their “reasoning” for doing so.

Whilst Musk is obviously not in the same tier as Hilter and Stalin in collective harm (yet, anyway), he has always been in a similar psychological profile. And he has fairly recently begun to enter a realm of influence and means to potentially allow him to cause widespread harm (Twitter is only a small facet of that). In some ways, he may actually have a greater ability to cause harm to more people because of how the world has changed since the mid-20th century and how he has chosen to exploit that change.

The reason I constantly speak out against him (and Trump)—and highlight his malfeasance and the danger he poses to people everywhere—is that I never want to see him join the echelon of Hitler, Stalin, and others.

You're never to far away from the report button slingback.

I can't remember the last time I reported any of your posts, if I ever have. Not sure there'd be any point as I get thread banned for returning insults to you.

I find you as dull and tedious as you are free of empathy btw. Slingback is as a pointless an insult as mini ches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.