Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

Make it far more than $20 a month too. See how much these people and companies need their verification.
I'm not verified but I can certainly see the appeal of verification for some. I've had people pretend to be me and say some pretty horrible things...and I'm a nobody. Can imagine people with a much higher profile get real sick of it and at least the verification acts as a measure of authenticity and makes people realise it isn't them

I'm not verified but I can certainly see the appeal of verification for some. I've had people pretend to be me and say some pretty horrible things...and I'm a nobody. Can imagine people with a much higher profile get real sick of it and at least the verification acts as a measure of authenticity and makes people realise it isn't them
Sure and can totally see that point of view.

Verification should come with more accountability though.

Follow people like you,Iike opinions like yours and hey presto you are right about everything. Radicalisation (in the terrorist sense) doesn't depend on you being exposed to extreme views, it depends on you being exposed to only one view and Twitter is built for this. Does humanity as much good as opium and gin in times past.

This really isn't an insurmountable problem, twitter just needs to have a way of not letting you cut yourself off completely to the outside world. Show you tweets from people outside your bubble - something it's already created for advertising.

Warning labels also work as a useful reality check.

In fact, twitter was doing pretty well with all demographics except the American alt-right, which is why they fled to Parler and Truth Social etc, which itself was excellent for twitter as it made it a more advertising friendly platform.

If he sets out to do what he alludes, I don't see the problem. It's been far too 'kind' to the militant left and a bit of balance is needed if it is indeed so influential in the media space.

This really isn't an insurmountable problem, twitter just needs to have a way of not letting you cut yourself off completely to the outside world. Show you tweets from people outside your bubble - something it's already created for advertising.

Warning labels also work as a useful reality check.

In fact, twitter was doing pretty well with all demographics except the American alt-right, which is why they fled to Parler and Truth Social etc, which itself was excellent for twitter as it made it a more advertising friendly platform.
Yes, it's a weird unintended consequence when a platform that potentially connects humanity across the globe ends up making our individual world smaller with less exposure to other views than a night at the local pub.

Make it far more than $20 a month too. See how much these people and companies need their verification.

Charging for a mark of authenticity is really stupid.

The point of the check mark is to show that people are who they say they are, not that they will pay £20/month

Militant left… is that “Antifa”?
No, yeah.. well... There is no doubt it is/was a left leaning site. The vitriol aimed at anyone who challenges the trans identity through the lens of the erasure of women and gay men is fair game. It's completely skewed. As for Antifa, aren't they all wife beaters and pedophiles? If not, them Rittenhouse should have bought the next lotto ticket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.