Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

You’re fucking shameless, think you’re the forum bully but you’re not capable.

This is from the BBC:

“The group publishes freely on Twitter and YouTube, but Facebook has designated the Taliban a "dangerous organisation" and frequently removes accounts and pages associated with them. Facebook has said it will continue to ban Taliban content from its platforms.”

Now jog on.

Again;

The taliban never had a verified account on twitter. That was a lie. You never saw it with you own eyes because it didn’t exist.

They don’t have any official account on twitter

The Afghan government had verified accounts which had their verification removed when the Taliban took over.

You decided twitter was a joke because of something that categorically never happened, and now you’ve spent half a dozen posts trying to convince everyone else of something that’s completely made up, despite being presented with proof it’s not real.

Last edited:
I debated facebook for a while
come off it and realised pretty quick i don't miss it or need it
same for twitter
I think both can be useful as well as harmful.

I keep my Facebook account to keep in touch with old school/Uni/work friends.

Twitter keeps me abreast of City news, local businesses and things on near us etc.

Neither is a useful medium for balanced debate though. You may as well just head butt a wall repeatedly to gain the headache you’d have got by debating with a name and random number handled bot.

Again;

The taliban never had a verified account on twitter. That was a lie. You never saw it with you own eyes because it didn’t exist.

They don’t have any official account on twitter

The Afghan government had verified accounts which had their verification removed when the Taliban took over.

You decided twitter was a joke because of something that categorically never happened, and now you’ve spent half a dozen posts trying to convince everyone else of something that’s completely made up, despite being presented with proof it’s not real.

So you think the BBC are wrong to say the Taliban post freely on the platform. Great.

You’re insufferable.

Twitter was a joke for banning the President of the US, even if he is a tit. Yet they allow the Taliban to post freely.

There’s too much of a U.S. political bias towards those they do not like, thankfully those making those decisions have gone.

Musk isn’t necessarily the antidote tho, he seems like a Bond villain to me and seems reckless.

Twitter was a joke for banning the President of the US, even if he is a tit. Yet they allow the Taliban to post freely.

Twitter didn't ban the president of the US, it banned Donald Trump. The official POTUS account was always open and at his disposal.

There’s too much of a U.S. political bias towards those they do not like, thankfully those making those decisions have gone.

No, this is a fundamental misunderstanding of what governs twitter. There was no political bias in the ownership or board before, there was a financial bias. And Trumps alt-right cult forced users off the platform, tarnished its reputation as it became associated with racism and disinformation and made advertisers run for the hills.

The biggest stakeholders in twitter before Musk were Saudi Arabia, Blackrock, Vanguard, Elliot Finanacial Management, State Street and Morgan Stanley. These aren't bastions of leftist political ideology. They're right leaning businesses who cared about ROI.

Last edited:
Twitter didn't ban the president of the US, it banned Donald Trump. The official POTUS account was always open and at his disposal.

No, this is a fundamental misunderstanding of what governs twitter. There was no political bias in the ownership or board before, there was a financial bias. And Trumps alt-right cult forced users off the platform, tarnished its reputation as it became associated with racism and disinformation and made advertisers run for the hills.

The biggest stakeholders in twitter before Musk were Saudi Arabia, Blackrock, Vanguard, Elliot Finanacial Management, State Street and Morgan Stanley. These aren't bastions of leftist political ideology. They're right leaning businesses who cared about ROI.

You’re absolutely obsessed with any sort of trivial parts of the discussion you can find to try and win an argument.

But you’ve fallen foul of it yourself, they weren’t stakeholders, they were shareholders and they weren’t running the company.

Those running the company have done interviews and were shown to have biases.

And the fact is they banned the Twitter profile of the serving US President, whilst they allowed the Taliban to continue using the platform “freely” in the words of the BBC.

The former CEO disagreed with you.

“But the people who build Twitter are biased, Dorsey admitted in an interview last month, saying out loud what everyone already knew: Twitter, like most tech companies in Silicon Valley, has a lot more left-leaning employees than right-leaners.

Twitter is so liberal, in fact, that conservative employees “don’t feel safe to express their opinions” within the company, Dorsey told NYU journalism professor Jay Rosen in a new interview published today on Recode Media.”

You’re absolutely obsessed with any sort of trivial parts of the discussion you can find to try and win an argument.

But you’ve fallen foul of it yourself, they weren’t stakeholders, they were shareholders and they weren’t running the company.

Those running the company have done interviews and were shown to have biases.

And the fact is they banned the Twitter profile of the serving US President, whilst they allowed the Taliban to continue using the platform “freely” in the words of the BBC.

The former CEO disagreed with you.

“But the people who build Twitter are biased, Dorsey admitted in an interview last month, saying out loud what everyone already knew: Twitter, like most tech companies in Silicon Valley, has a lot more left-leaning employees than right-leaners.

Twitter is so liberal, in fact, that conservative employees “don’t feel safe to express their opinions” within the company, Dorsey told NYU journalism professor Jay Rosen in a new interview published today on Recode Media.”

Now you're deliberately trying to confuse the biases of the office workers (which I'm sure exists) with the biases of the people who owned and ran the company and set it's policy.

Not surprising since you've also gone from "I saw an official Taliban account with a blue tick with my own eyes" to quoting a BBC article about random people in the taliban being able to have an account and communicate on the platform.

Jack Dorsey was literally forced out of the CEO position by Elliot Financial when they (and other shareholders) wanted a change in direction, so again pretending the people who own the company don't run it is more dishonest bullshit.

I don't know who you think you're kidding, but this absolute refusal to just admit you never saw an officially verified Taliban twitter account is tragic.

Now you're deliberately trying to confuse the biases of the office workers (which I'm sure exists) with the biases of the people who owned and ran the company and set it's policy.

Not surprising since you've also gone from "I saw an official Taliban account with a blue tick with my own eyes" to quoting a BBC article about random people in the taliban being able to have an account and communicate on the platform.

I don't know who you think you're kidding, but this absolute refusal to just admit you never saw an officially verified Taliban twitter account is tragic.
And you’re dismissing the evidence in front of your eyes.

The conversation moved on from the Taliban as YOU moved it on, refusing to acknowledge the BBC quote I posted.

It’s not just the workers, it was right up to the Executives that got sacked this week.

Why you posted shareholders only interested in profits, claiming they were “stakeholders” I’ll never fucking know, in fact I do, either you’re an idiot or you’re deliberately trying to muddy the waters of debate and arguing in bad faith- which you usually do.

The Chief Executive just fired, Parag Agrawal, had former tweets of his highlighted for left leaning bias.

Genuine twilight zone stuff.

caesar3.jpg

I'm surprised people still bother with him, absolutely incapable of admitting he made a booboo.

Genuine twilight zone stuff.

caesar3.jpg

I'm surprised people still bother with him, absolutely incapable of admitting he made a booboo.

Hey Fode, thought you’d blocked me?

Still reading my messages and still not grown up I see?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.