Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

In his (very slight) defence, I think any human being woukd struggle not to be a **** with that amount of power and wealth. Especially if you were a bit of a **** in the first place.
And if you were a massive **** in the first place...

In his (very slight) defence, I think any human being woukd struggle not to be a **** with that amount of power and wealth. Especially if you were a bit of a **** in the first place.

I also think his Asperger’s is relevant here.

He clearly doesn’t perform on a social scale like the majority of us would.

You must be very confident in Twitter being a success.

After all, all of Musks twitter loans are secured with his Tesla stock and him not meeting the $1B a year interest on those loans would force him to sell off more TSLA and crash the stock price further. Or if TSLA stock keeps falling he might have to sell off more stock to provide collateral for those loans.

To quote Tesla’s risk report -

If Elon Musk were forced to sell shares of our common stock that he has pledged to secure certain personal loan obligations, such sales could cause our stock price to decline.

Certain banking institutions have made extensions of credit to Elon Musk, our Chief Executive Officer, a portion of which was used to purchase shares of common stock in certain of our public offerings and private placements at the same prices offered to third-party participants in such offerings and placements. We are not a party to these loans, which are partially secured by pledges of a portion of the Tesla common stock currently owned by Mr. Musk. If the price of our common stock were to decline substantially, Mr. Musk may be forced by one or more of the banking institutions to sell shares of Tesla common stock to satisfy his loan obligations if he could not do so through other means. Any such sales could cause the price of our common stock to decline further.

And then there’s the fact Tesla are preparing to be sued by their own shareholders because Musk has crashed the stock price.

And that’s before the fallout from them recalling 1 in 3 cars they’ve ever manufactured.

but maybe I just don’t have a brain ;)
Twitter's success will not be defined in a week so I don't think any of this is relevant. I'm also not actually interested in whether Musk owns Twitter or not. The only people that are actually interested are politically deranged lunatics.

I don't hold Tesla shares but I would buy some if I can afford more than a handful of them... A lot of idiots said that Tesla shares were a stupid buy at $20 2 years ago, how wrong were they eh? A 10% reduction in the space of a week after a jump of 200% in 2 1/2 years is hardly lawsuit worthy is it?

The only risk with Tesla is that their shares are priced too high vs the performance of the company but that's because demand drives the stock market and nothing else. The company itself is a growing car company and not an established one like the VW's of this world. However let's face it, in the EV market do customers want a VW or a Tesla? The answer is VERY clear.

UK-BEV-Brand-_-Est.-Sep-22.png

leading-car-brands-registered-in-norway.jpg

2022090909144219.jpg

Twitter's success will not be defined in a week so I don't think any of this is relevant. I'm also not actually interested in whether Musk owns Twitter or not. The only people that are actually interested are politically deranged lunatics.

I don't hold Tesla shares but I would buy some if I can afford more than a handful of them... A lot of idiots said that Tesla shares were a stupid buy at $20 2 years ago, how wrong were they eh? A 10% reduction in the space of a week after a jump of 200% in 2 1/2 years is hardly lawsuit worthy is it?

The only risk with Tesla is that their shares are priced too high vs the performance of the company but that's because demand drives the stock market and nothing else. The company itself is a growing car company and not an established one like the VW's of this world. However let's face it, in the EV market do customers want a VW or a Tesla? The answer is VERY clear.

2022090909144219.jpg

You don’t actually seem to be interested in all the information other people have provided. You certainly haven’t read it.

Tesla hasn’t dropped 10% in a week, it’s dropped 50% in 6 months.

As I have already explained to you, the reason for this massive drop has been Musk selling off $17Bn in stock….and he’s likely to have to sell off more when twitter fails because that’s what he’s guaranteed his lenders.

So going on a rant about how you don’t care about Musk owning Twitter isn’t clever, it’s just showing how completely unaware of the larger picture you are, as the Musk has essentially hitched Tesla’s stock price to Twitters success.

You don’t actually seem to be interested in all the information other people have provided. You certainly haven’t read it.

As I have already explained to you, the reason for this massive drop has been Musk selling off $17Bn in stock….and he’s likely to have to sell off more when twitter fails because that’s what he’s guaranteed his lenders.

So going on a rant about how you don’t care about Musk owning Twitter isn’t clever, it’s just showing how completely unaware of the larger picture you are, as the Musk has essentially hitched Tesla’s stock price to Twitters success.

Which in the long-run makes Tesla vulnerable to a hostile takeover itself or financial collapse and corporate bankruptcy.

Love your facts posts

2022090909144219.jpg
Nobody’s denying that Tesla is in an enviable position as far as EV market share is concerned but that dominance is beginning to diminish.
https://www.reuters.com/business/au...market-share-slips-rivals-step-up-2022-11-03/
Within a few years Tesla will be just another brand. It might stay as market leader and it might not. One thing’s for sure is that it will have nothing like the dominance it has had over the last few years and its share price will find its level accordingly and imo it will be nowhere near what it is now.

How would you feel if you received this email from Elon?

"
Hello,

As shared earlier today, Twitter is conducting a workforce reduction to help improve the health of the company. These decisions are never easy and it is with regret that we write to inform you that your role at Twitter has been impacted.

Today is your last working day at the company, however, you will remain employed by Twitter and will receive compensation and benefits through your separation date of February 2, 2023.

During this time, you will be on a Non-Working Notice period and your access to Twitter systems will be deactivated. While you are not expected to work during the None-Working Notice period, you are still required to comply with all company policies, including the Employee Playbook and Code of Conduct.

Within a week, you will receive details of your severance offer, financial resources extending beyond your Non-Working Notice period. At that time you will also receive a Separation Agreement and Release of Claims and other offboarding..."

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.