Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

If, in a parallel universe, EVs were in general use and someone had just invented the internal combustion engine featuring on board fuel like petrol or diesel that can be filled in 5 minutes with an energy density 40 times that of a Lithium Ion battery thereby providing a range of 600-1000 miles instead of 200-300 with a lot less weight on board, and not needing overnight charging or emergency half hour charging, EVs would become obsolete overnight.

If someone could invent a cost effective efficient method of carbon capture from car exhausts EVs would be redundant. Alternatively if a method of making Hydrogen an effective fuel source for cars it would be even lighter with higher energy density than fossil fuels.

Long term I don’t think EVs are the future. Just my opinion and I accept I could be missing something and might be totally wrong.

This is why the German auto companies are handing out 50, 75, 100m+ to every synthetic fuel startup.

If, in a parallel universe, EVs were in general use and someone had just invented the internal combustion engine featuring on board fuel like petrol or diesel that can be filled in 5 minutes with an energy density 40 times that of a Lithium Ion battery thereby providing a range of 600-1000 miles instead of 200-300 with a lot less weight on board, and not needing overnight charging or emergency half hour charging, EVs would become obsolete overnight.

If someone could invent a cost effective efficient method of carbon capture from car exhausts EVs would be redundant. Alternatively if a method of making Hydrogen an effective fuel source for cars it would be even lighter with higher energy density than fossil fuels.

Long term I don’t think EVs are the future. Just my opinion and I accept I could be missing something and might be totally wrong.

Graphene batteries should take us a long way towards those goals.

Assuming they are not battery versions of fusion and always 10 years away :)

EVs strike me as being like mobile phones in the 80's/early 90's or cars just before Ford came up with the model T. I suppose we are waiting for someone to come up with the EV equivalent of the model T which is affordable for all. Once this happens I'm sure musk will suddenly find a way to make Tesla's the same price.
I certainly won't be buying one any time soon, what would I compensate my small dick with ?

The first clue for me was a couple of years ago when he accused the rescuer of the Thai boys from a cave of being a pedo because his offer of help was turned down. Nothing he has said or done since has changed my opinion and plenty of things have reinforced it, most recently propagating conspiracy shite about Paul Pelosi.
I think that sums it up nicely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.