Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

Yep, if you spend hours and hours scrolling through, randomly ‘liking’ a pic/post of other people’s ‘perfect’ lives, it is a bit grotesque IMO. If you use it to keep in contact with friends and family, learn more about some specific interests, use it for keeping yourself sane (BM ish!) with a reasonable cross section of society that happens to support a football team in blue… then seems ok.

But mindless scrolling of people posting their latest outfit/meal/drink/pet… I’d say that’s an unhealthy task

Exactly that.

It can be, it can also be a sewer and an echo chamber. Most publications have called it that because in the main it's pretty true.

The problems happen when something that you get for free you start to demand gets done in a certain way, people can just log off and leave it.
You don’t half make some generalisations, unless of course you can qualify your statement about what “most publications” means.

Your sort of empty blunt assertions are what Twitter is made for. You should get on while you can

You don’t half make some generalisations, unless of course you can qualify your statement about what “most publications” means.

Your sort of empty blunt assertions are what Twitter is made for. You should get on while you can

My assertions aren't blunt they imply that Twitter and Facebook both play into a users confirmation bias, it's rather scientific.

My assertions aren't blunt they imply that Twitter and Facebook both play into a users confirmation bias, it's rather scientific.
I agree. The algorithms are constructed to do this exactly. Same as all the other social media platforms out there. Designed to make money irrespective of the damage they cause. That's the reason I subscribe to non of them.

That’s only really true if people only follow a certain trend of person in the first place though. Not sure how that’s any different to someone only reading one newspaper.

I still think the majority of people don’t fall squarely in the box of left or right wing ideology and it doesn’t influence their opinion on every single topic, as much as people nowadays seems to want to pigeon hole everyone into one of the two camps.

That’s only really true if people only follow a certain trend of person in the first place though. Not sure how that’s any different to someone only reading one newspaper.

Look at the furore concerning Brexit and Trump and how the Russians influenced the users of people on both platforms? As I said earlier it's either a good thing or a bad thing but single users can't decide which direction they go that would be up to the owners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.