Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

Look at the furore concerning Brexit and Trump and how the Russians influenced the users of people on both platforms? As I said earlier it's either a good thing or a bad thing but single users can't decide which direction they go that would be up to the owners.

It’s just a thing, as it would be with any platform - it’s not as if some the papers here didn’t push for Brexit too or media in the States also push for similar outcomes either.

In terms of the direction it takes, it’s not always just down to the owners if they want to keep it as an active platform. Twitter is bound by the laws that exist in the countries it operates in. It’s that that influences it’s moderation far more than any perceived bias - the amount of both left wing and right wing journalists still active on there being a prime example.

I’m still not sure Musk fully understands that.

I have no interest in what a celebrity thinks about world news/ sport/ whatever. I also have no interest in what one of my friends had for dinner.

Which is the reason I signed up for both twitter and facebook before hardly ever using them. FB is useful for keeping in touch with long lost relatives but Twitter has little or no merit. Millions of people trying to get a like/follow from no mark celebrities. Oh oh oh...he retweeted me! It's a disease and it's been caught by millions. The constant staring at a phone, checking for updates, it's madness.

I saw 4 lads in the pub yesterday around a table. All looking at their phones. Why couldn't they have a chat with each other? Made me feel a little sad if I'm honest.

I have no interest in what a celebrity thinks about world news/ sport/ whatever. I also have no interest in what one of my friends had for dinner.

Which is the reason I signed up for both twitter and facebook before hardly ever using them. FB is useful for keeping in touch with long lost relatives but Twitter has little or no merit. Millions of people trying to get a like/follow from no mark celebrities. Oh oh oh...he retweeted me! It's a disease and it's been caught by millions. The constant staring at a phone, checking for updates, it's madness.

I saw 4 lads in the pub yesterday around a table. All looking at their phones. Why couldn't they have a chat with each other? Made me feel a little sad if I'm honest.

Nice stuff. I've liked and followed you. Xoxo.

Reactions: TFC
He’s more likely to agree with our misty friend in California than your viewpoint.

Twitter is used by most governments and companies to communicate with their citizens/customers.

For that alone, Twitter is a more vital communication system than any other form of social media.
Twitter is a place for weirdos.

It’s got to be nigh on impossible for a human being to get this rich and not turn into a ****.

I know I’d be a complete **** if I was worth one billion quid, never mind a couple of hundred.
If £1 Billion = ‘complete ****’, we should have a poll to see what people think you’re worth?

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.