Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

Over the years I've seen everything on Twitter, racism, anti-semitism, homophobia.... Everything, you name it.

Where were these 'domains' when Twitter wasn't being run by Musk?

In fact where has anyone been for the last 10 years where all sides of political debate have been abusing and tearing each other to shreds on there?
Reddit used to be a lot worse tbf.

There will always be young, talented and intelligent people who want to work for Musk and Twitter. They will fall over themselves to get a job working for Musk and Twitter. He’s their icon.

Yes, there will be initial upheavals and possible problems at Twitter after all the sackings, but there are enough talented people left to keep Twitter going during and after the initial upheaval and changes.

Bit by bit Musk and Twitter will recruit new staff who are willing to do the new hours, work patterns and what’s expected of them. The old staff who were sacked and have left will soon be forgotten anout.

It reminds me of the BBC move North. The London staff, their Unions and the London based media were complaining about the ‘forced move North’. Those BBC staff who didn’t move North lost their jobs. Those BBC staff who did move North, most will have probably done so successfully, whilst others will have gone back to London. But most importantly, all those jobs that became available will have been filled by people from Manchester, from the North, and from around the UK.

For as long as I can remember there hasn’t been any murmurings of discontent and unhappiness from BBC staff at Mediacity. It’s just a shame the BBC Sports department is full of Rags and Scousers.

Elon Musk,- Twitter

Just leaving Twitter HQ code review

View attachment 61338

View attachment 61337

You call it a “code review”, presumably because Musk told you that is what it was. It seems experts have other ideas:

But presumably that's why Reddit's revenue is $100m to Twitter's $5.2bn, despite a similar number of monthly active users. No-one wants to advertise in a toxic space.
I don't think that moderation has anything to do with it and I have no idea which companies are really making decisions on advertising on Twitter based upon moderation. I have seen alsorts on Twitter over the years and they weren't bothered then so why are they now? Reddit is a really poor platform to advertise on because it divides everyone by niche whereas Twitter is universal.

The only companies so far who have abandoned Twitter are those who are just making a virtue signalling point. Prime example is VW who let everyone know that they have paused their ad spends on Twitter and moved to Mastodon.... This a company that makes points on morality but is more than happy to install cheat devices on its cars to defeat regulatory emission tests.

We then have Balenciaga which deleted itself off Twitter in protest.... This is a company which rips people off to charge £950 for shoes costing pence to make in China.

These lot wouldn't exactly sit high on the board of morality and ethics! I'd be seriously surprised if they care a single jot about moderation on social media. It's just trendy nowadays to show and let everyone know that you care.

Deleted my twitter this AM. Been thinking about doing it for awhile. Seeing Kanye West back on was the tipping point. I may go back. We will see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.