Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

Nope it's just Tesla..... I think it's now an even better time to buy... :)

Perf.jpg
I don’t know where you’ve taken that screen shot from but TSLA is down 48.5% year to date, not 35.4%.

View attachment 61600

Also (all ytd) maybe compare Tesla with...other car companies?

Mercedes-Benz Group AG -6.8%
Toyota Motor Corp -9.6%
Bayerische Motoren Werke AG -8.06%
VW Group -22.88%

Most likely. But it will still have huge numbers of users, will still be used as a defacto news outlet (fake or real), will have echo chambers, and be used to spread stances and opinions.

So the people saying when the storm dies down, nothing will change, are essentially right.

How much money Musk has lost/not lost aside, which lets face it is a bit of a pointless assessment for the rest of us.

Yes and No.

Remember he's decimated the advertising revenue, which is unlikely to return. He's made insane cuts, but it's hard to see how he makes twitter profitable enough to pay off the $1Bn per year interest on the debt.

So things are going to get weird. One of the senior engineers who left and spoke to the press said there was talk about increasing the amount of "adult content" and trying to monetise that.

Musk has said he wants Twitter to be the "everything app" which he's calling "X". So I expect him to sink a lot of money into bizarre attempts to monetise twitter and steal other app ideas.

He'll probably push out a lot of people off the platform with every lurch in a different direction.

Yes and No.

Remember he's decimated the advertising revenue, which is unlikely to return. He's made insane cuts, but it's hard to see how he makes twitter profitable enough to pay off the $1Bn per year interest on the debt.

So things are going to get weird. One of the senior engineers who left and spoke to the press said there was talk about increasing the amount of "adult content" and trying to monetise that.

Musk has said he wants Twitter to be the "everything app" which he's calling "X". So I expect him to sink a lot of money into bizarre attempts to monetise twitter and steal other app ideas.

He'll probably push out a lot of people off the platform with every lurch in a different direction.

Yes and no is probably the best way to summarise it.

It will certainly test the term 'too big to fail'. Will it actually 'fail'? Probably not.

Tiny sample of course but of all the people I know or know of, I have seen only one, on here incidentally, say they were leaving the platform. Including recent parody accounts.

Advertising might drop, advertising content might change, interface and verification might go to shit. He may lose a lot of money or not a lot of money. But doubt there will be a meaningful change to user numbers or its presence. I would guess.

Yes and No.

I have strong suspicion that he will be planning to use twitter for more pump and dump / crypto scaming.

Musk has form for sparking big movements in crypto price. He mentioned dodge and it shot up 300%. He claimed Tesla would accept bitcoin, then reversed that. Each time the price jumping, up then down.

How much money has he made doing this? How much more can he make if he has unfettered access to twitter data and bots?

I have strong suspicion that he will be planning to use twitter for more pump and dump / crypto scaming.

Musk has form for sparking big movements in crypto price. He mentioned dodge and it shot up 300%. He claimed Tesla would accept bitcoin, then reversed that. Each time the price jumping, up then down.

How much money has he made doing this? How much more can he make if he has unfettered access to twitter data and bots?

Is the crypto market big enough for him to actually do that consistently and make enough money to cover his twitter debts?

Is the crypto market big enough for him to actually do that consistently and make enough money to cover his twitter debts?

As below 775 x $300K per minute. For 30mins is a lot of trading.

On the same day, Musk tweeted ‘One Word: Doge.’ Following this, some reports claimed that “The average trading volume of DOGE/USDT in the 30 minutes before the incident was roughly $1,942 per minute, with an average of nine trades per minute. The average trading volume per minute in the 30 minutes following the Tweet was around $299,330, with 775 trades per minute.”

Source https://www.outlookindia.com/busine...hat-created-waves-in-crypto-world-news-233190

As below 775 x $300K per minute. For 30mins is a lot of trading.

On the same day, Musk tweeted ‘One Word: Doge.’ Following this, some reports claimed that “The average trading volume of DOGE/USDT in the 30 minutes before the incident was roughly $1,942 per minute, with an average of nine trades per minute. The average trading volume per minute in the 30 minutes following the Tweet was around $299,330, with 775 trades per minute.”

Source https://www.outlookindia.com/busine...hat-created-waves-in-crypto-world-news-233190

I think he is just dick waving here, doge is a meme, to use it as route to make money from market manipulation isn't the brightest idea.

There's far better alternatives.

It’s just for his ego not for the coin.

I think he is just dick waving here, doge is a meme, to use it as route to make money from market manipulation isn't the brightest idea.

There's far better alternatives.

It’s just for his ego not for the coin.
This indicates someone is making massive amounts of money on the back of his tweets, I'm suggesting that person is Musk. I work out circa 7 billion traded in 30 mins. Assuming 10% profit that is $700m. Easily conceivable he made $1bn or more on this alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.