Elon Musk buys and ruins Twitter

Don’t think this is good for the company’s revenue is it?

Any normal company would have a team of account managers who would reach out and find out what was going on. I assume Musk fired them all. When they left those relationships and background knowledge were gone. Even the simple things like knowing who to call.

have a team of account managers who would reach out and find out what was going on. I assume Musk fired them all. When they left those relationships and background knowledge were gone. Even the simple things like knowing who to call.
Martin Christopher?

Musk has said he wants Twitter to be the "everything app" which he's calling "X". So I expect him to sink a lot of money into bizarre attempts to monetise twitter and steal other app ideas.
His version of China's WeChat - it has pretty much everything in it, socials, messaging calls, ordering food and groceries and taxis etc

His version of China's WeChat - it has pretty much everything in it, socials, messaging calls, ordering food and groceries and taxis etc

Yes, which only works in China because the CCP prefers to consolidate power into a couple of billionaires they control and obstructs any competitors.

Outside of China it's never going to happen. Uber (which owns postmates) is a 40Bn company, Telegram is a 30Bn company, online groceries is a 300Bn industry in the USA alone. Meta and Google own the other industries he wants to upset.

I think he showed just how delusional he is yesterday when he said if Apple removes twitter from the app store he'll make his own phone.

Someone needs to show him the list of companies who were much better run than his, and had much more money than him who failed to break apple's grip on the phone industry.

Last edited:
Any normal company would have a team of account managers who would reach out and find out what was going on. I assume Musk fired them all. When they left those relationships and background knowledge were gone. Even the simple things like knowing who to call.

Yep, summed up pretty well here -

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.