Embarrassing?

I sometimes have to leave the night games early because I currently live behind enemy lines in YORK. If I dont make the train I end up having to wait an extra hour at the station and dont get into my house until 1am sometimes.

But saying that i have only done it twice and i Fooking hate it. I feel like I have walked out on my dying gran when I do it

Cant wait to move back to the homeland . . . .oh I miss you sunny manchester

I mentioned this on the thread about players applauding the fans. I like to stay to the end, home or away, win or lose, whatever the score. I hated to see the empty stands last night.

Like I said on that other thread, look at the scousers, the kop is full at the end of the game. Why can't we do that.

I know this point always leads to the argument of "I pay my money so I'll do what I want" and everyone has their choice, but it has defintely got worse and worse. I guess it must be the combination of silly kick off times and getting away from COMS. In the days when majority of games were Sat 3pm it never seemed to be a problem.

Recently I've slept walked out of the COMS, you can't me as I was naked during that dream whilst trying to run away from a big dinosaur in bleeding slow motion!!!

In all truth though I never used to do it, but night matches are a late night for a child if we get caught in the traffic, so we usually leave around the half time whistle :)

uwerosler28 said:
I think if your happy to stay stay if you want to go then go we all pay the same its up to us why feel embarrassed by others leaving?

Totally agree, plus since the formation of the Premier League when did a game on a saturday afternoon finish at 5.40pm, and likewise a night game finish at 9.10pm. Thus giving enough time for supporters time to get back home for a beer in their local, when last orders were either 10.00pm, 10.30pm, depending were you lived! We have to remember games kicked off at 3pm and 7.30pm with 10 minutes for half time. I'd love those days to come back!

manchester blue said:
It makes me laugh that people complain about taking an hour to get out of the car park. Assuming full mobility or [in Blue Spice's case lone female] why not walk 10 minutes and park elsewhere? Lot's of other car parks apart from the club one which people know will be closed until the crowds clear.

Yes, it's definitely easier to get away from the car parks further away. I used to quite enjoy that when I parked in one, but as you've correctly pointed out (thank you) I have now moved to the stadium car park as Billy and I were concerned that I was vulnerable walking back alone if I got held up (talking to friends, going to the shop or ticket office etc.)

agree with BTH

it's the same before half time as thousands head to the bar with 39 mins played

poor support for the team

If City didn't close the car park exits at full time for half an hour this wouldn't happen.

To avoid this problem I park nearly a mile away, at the VErmillion Cinebar. Doesn't really matter when you leave, you get straight away.

If it's a night game and you've got a train to catch then that's fair enough but if you're driving then there are plenty of carparks not far from the ground that allow you to get away quickly. We park close to the ground and are away within 15 minutes of the final whistle.

You wouldn't leave a concert, cinema or theatre 10 minutes early "to avoid the rush" so why a football match?

Also annoys me how people only get to their seats at the last minute. On the concourse behind 110, people are singing well before the game. Why not get to your seat 10 or 15 minutes before kick-off and sing there? And then there's the people who stay on the concourse drinking for the first 10 minutes of the second half. If having a drink is more important to you than watching the football then go to the pub! The screens should be switched off on the concourse once the game is in progress.

Didsbury Dave said:
If City didn't close the car park exits at full time for half an hour this wouldn't happen.quote]

True, they only started doing this in the second season at COMS (iirc) to avoid the bottleneck a the gasometer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.