Empty Executive Boxes

I used to sit in 204 two rows in front of the boxes. Used to kick off nearly every game with away fans celebrating and goading city fans

Had a few celebs sat behind me as well. Ricky Hatton, Liam Gallagher and Maradona to name three

It's always like this with corporate boxes, and it is at most clubs to greater or lesser degrees. It's also the same for some season tickets that aren't in boxes but are held by businesses for client hospitality - it doesn't just happen in the boxes. A fair few of the empty seats on a regular basis that we see on halfway will absolutely be corporate bought.

One of my old companies had Chelsea season tickets 20 years ago, the rule was they were first and foremost to take clients to games, but if they weren't being used then they would be given to anyone in the company who wanted them. But not everyone does that, unfortunately. They leave them empty.

I know someone who works the hospitality in the boxes, says a lot are full but they don't bother going out to watch the match, sit inside and do business meetings while having a beer

My mates an Arsenal fan and went in a box for the City game, said it was full of people who were just interested in talking about plumbing (he got it off his mate, who's a plumber so it looks like some firm owns a box) and getting free booze and a scran. Told me he was the only one that watched the game out of the lot of them and there was about 20.

My mates an Arsenal fan and went in a box for the City game, said it was full of people who were just interested in talking about plumbing (he got it off his mate, who's a plumber so it looks like some firm owns a box) and getting free booze and a scran. Told me he was the only one that watched the game out of the lot of them and there was about 20.

Premier League football is an "event" that people want to go to, even if they zero interest in the game, let alone the club. C'est la vie.

Premier League football is an "event" that people want to go to, even if they zero interest in the game, let alone the club. C'est la vie.
They're the ones paying the big money in to be fair, you can bet Etihad, Nike, BT, EA, Nexen etc all have empty boxes.

They're the ones paying the big money in to be fair, you can bet Etihad, Nike, BT, EA, Nexen etc all have empty boxes.

Absolutely. Once sold, the club won't care if they're used or not on a given day, as long as they renew for next year at a very reasonable rate of increase...

Absolutely. Once sold, the club won't care if they're used or not on a given day, as long as they renew for next year at a very reasonable rate of increase...
No idea what City do but the crowd I work for signed consecutive 10 year leases at Lansdowne and the break clauses are only on one side so there'll never be any criticism from the FAI and IRFU over boxes not being full.

No idea what City do but the crowd I work for signed consecutive 10 year leases at Lansdowne and the break clauses are only on one side so there'll never be any criticism from the FAI and IRFU over boxes not being full.

Wembley and the Millennium do 10 year deals I think as well dont they - wonder if that's what City do too

Wembley and the Millennium do 10 year deals I think as well dont they - wonder if that's what City do too
No idea mate, I know the original spiel at Lansdowne Road was getting cash up front to reduce the redevelopment debt, could easily be true at Wembley as well, maybe even in Cardiff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.