Empty Seats - Away this time

Lots of valid points but it’s down to money I am afraid. If your paying £60k + VAT and lots more for actual sponsorship (which is not allowed against tax by the way) if you ask the Club to jump they will. All you need to do is go to your allocated Corporate Manager and you will get whatever you need. If The Corporates want to impress clients and they happen to be United or Liverpool fans that’s the price to be paid to do the business. The way of the world. Having a fan rep giving the Club a bit of grief will not change anything.

Lots of valid points but it’s down to money I am afraid. If your paying £60k + VAT and lots more for actual sponsorship (which is not allowed against tax by the way) if you ask the Club to jump they will. All you need to do is go to your allocated Corporate Manager and you will get whatever you need. If The Corporates want to impress clients and they happen to be United or Liverpool fans that’s the price to be paid to do the business. The way of the world. Having a fan rep giving the Club a bit of grief will not change anything.
If the club say at the beginning that away tickets cannot be guaranteed for any game then this stops all the nonsense. You can have a couple of extra home tickets and you can have Norwich away with a 5.30pm ko but not the derby etc

I think that’s a lame excuse really. The club don’t have to do it all. Up to a few seasons ago they didn’t. Either. Pretty much since pep came in, there has been now rows of tourists at away games, in particular. You don’t see it with most other clubs.

You can choose to except that, like your doing or we as fans should be speaking out against it and showing it’s not right.

If there is any city matter reps on here reading this thread get on this and try and do something about it

I think that’s a lame excuse really. The club don’t have to do it all. Up to a few seasons ago they didn’t. Either. Pretty much since pep came in, there has been now rows of tourists at away games, in particular. You don’t see it with most other clubs.

You can choose to except that, like your doing or we as fans should be speaking out against it and showing it’s not right.

If there is any city matter reps on here reading this thread get on this and try and do something about it
What your forgetting is it is up to the Relationship Managers to screw the Corporates and the Sponsors for as much money as possible. They are not going to put any restrictions on them. Oh by the way, pay us a fortune to supports us but forget about any decent tickets, they go to the loyal point holders. It ain’t going to happen. The last thing on their mind is to offend a sponsor, their job depends on it. A normal fan with loyalty points is just a number among many. Loyalty does not increase profits. They will sell/give the tickets to the sponsor come what may, no questions asked. A good corporate sponsor is worth 500 fans so in reality who are they going to look after.

What your forgetting is it is up to the Relationship Managers to screw the Corporates and the Sponsors for as much money as possible. They are not going to put any restrictions on them. Oh by the way, pay us a fortune to supports us but forget about any decent tickets, they go to the loyal point holders. It ain’t going to happen. The last thing on their mind is to offend a sponsor, their job depends on it. A normal fan with loyalty points is just a number among many. Loyalty does not increase profits. They will sell/give the tickets to the sponsor come what may, no questions asked. A good corporate sponsor is worth 500 fans so in reality who are they going to look after.

Unfortunately this is the top and bottom of it. Money talks. Always has, always will.

No longer a football 'club'.

Nail on head, I know someone that has moved down from the full blown meal, box thing because the kick off times don't suit his clients. He now does a smaller, cheaper package. City are bending over to woo him back and away tickets are one of the ways being used. As you said in your first post, if you are paying 60k a year City will look to make sure you are happy. We might not like it but my £600 a season is nowt compared to 60k no matter how loyal I am.

I’m not forgetting any of that. I understand the the point you are making, but it doesn’t make it right. The only people who can change it is the the fans. Put pressure on the club and make them realise it’s wrong.

If we advertise the issues, boycott games.... I’d rather it didn’t happen, but let’s just imagine these corporate fans are say united fans at the derby- if it kicks off with these plastics ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.