Empty Seats - Away this time

Does anyone really give 2 fucks about empty seats because I don’t .before City got cash rich they were always one of the best supported teams in the country and would always pack the away end where they went but there is this perception that we are a new club with no fan base which is funny but also annoying . Truth be told I don’t care if the ground is empty as long as we carry on what we’re doing .

I’m not forgetting any of that. I understand the the point you are making, but it doesn’t make it right. The only people who can change it is the the fans. Put pressure on the club and make them realise it’s wrong.

If we advertise the issues, boycott games.... I’d rather it didn’t happen, but let’s just imagine these corporate fans are say united fans at the derby- if it kicks off with these plastics ...
It happens in every Club so it would not even be news. It’s a Business. City even tell you they are going to do it when they announce the ticket allocation. Another way of looking at it is without this money in the game us plebs would not get to see the fantastic footballers we do. Although the Great Sheikh could bankroll the club it’s not the business model they want and with FFP etc they need all the Corporates and Sponsors they can get

From the photos I've seen today of a row in the away end, there were plenty of first timers there too.

Couple that with the 11 tickets that I've counted on that Facebook ticket exchange, which is unheard of for Bournemouth away before today, and it's proof that this system change is fucking diabolical.
Are first timers frowned upon?

Does anyone really give 2 fucks about empty seats because I don’t .before City got cash rich they were always one of the best supported teams in the country and would always pack the away end where they went but there is this perception that we are a new club with no fan base which is funny but also annoying . Truth be told I don’t care if the ground is empty as long as we carry on what we’re doing .
I give very few fucks about empty seats at home as my seat is almost always used. However I give plenty of fucks about empty seats at Bournemouth where our allocation is so small. I got a ticket, but plenty of people with high points missed out, so a large number of empty seats is worth complaining about.

Lots of valid points but it’s down to money I am afraid. If your paying £60k + VAT and lots more for actual sponsorship (which is not allowed against tax by the way) if you ask the Club to jump they will. All you need to do is go to your allocated Corporate Manager and you will get whatever you need. If The Corporates want to impress clients and they happen to be United or Liverpool fans that’s the price to be paid to do the business. The way of the world. Having a fan rep giving the Club a bit of grief will not change anything.

Yes I think we most people have reconciled themselves with this fact money talks, as depressing as that is, and this is the way football is heading however in this instance its another kick in teeth that when tickets have not been taken up by the elite it seems they were still not then put back on sale to supporters.

I would be interested to know what is the cut off point for corporate applications as this must be one of the easiest matches to move on left over tickets. Ironically we had exactly the same thread two years ago when Bournemouth fell on the bank holiday monday weekend, high demand match and swathes of empty seats. It seems nothing has changed.

Don`t they shut the bars at KO time like they do at The Etihad ?

There are some grounds like Bournemouth that show the game throughout the match, not sure if they do when not on TV though. You only have 10 mins drinking up time at that ground according to the signs but if you but two pints before kick off they can last 30/35 mins and no one tells you tp leave. As sky sports etc is not live you would hear the goals a long time before you see them so not great.

Most do not show the game throughout the match, but there will be a few, not many, drinking instead. I have been on european trips where people with tickets have not bothered going to the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.