Empty Seats, Welcome Tourists.

There seem to be less flags at the stadium lately... or maybe it's my imagination. I dream of every space between sponsor names being filled with flags at the stadium. :)

Anyway, does anyone know how long the club's contract with Viagogo is for? Every time they advertise them on Twitter they are bombarded by abuse about Viagogo and I wonder if they will get rid of them like United did.

jrb said:
Why do threads like this always pop up after each home game? No offence to the OP.

At the end of the day, whether people like to admit it or not, the stadium was near enough full. Some people might point to empty seats, and that shows the stadium isn't full, but there were hardly swathes of empty seats visible. More like pockets in certain sections of the stadium.

As some people have rightly pointed out, it's the Easter Weekend when many people go away for a holiday or break. When I checked on Viagogo on Friday there were roughly 150 seats for sale, and a large amount were from private sellers who for whatever reasons couldn't attend the match, even though they had paid their money upfront. (I noted with interest the empty seats at Arsenal yesterday, especially in the 2nd tier club level)

What the OP forgot to mention was the home fans in the upper tier of the away end.(see the picture below which I've already posted) It was completely sold out. That's an extra 1000+ City fans that wouldn't have got a ticket if Newcastle United had taken their full allocation.

Put it this way. If Newcastle United had taken their full allocation, and City would have been able to accommodate those extra 1000+ City fans sat in the top tier of the away end, the attendence for yesterday's match would have closer to 50,000.

Click to enlarge. Note the upper tier away end full of City fans, and the pockets of empty seats around the stadium. Mostly visible in the Family Stand.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/LfSGjfs.jpg[/bigimg]

And yes, there were Tourists there yesterday. Think they were Spanish? Suitably dressed for our cold, but recently dry climate. There were also tourist from the Far East, etc.

Don't think she was too impressed with me taking a picture. :-)

[bigimg]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7263/20130330154956.jpg[/bigimg]

Haha in the first picture why didn't the City player take it around that "err" ghost and tap it into an empty net ?

Tim of the Oak said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
A lot of is down to the stupidity of the 5 match ticket deal.

Loads of cash rich glory hunters wanting their day in the sun and any potential League Title party come the last game.

Sad fact is, the Title has gone, the Tickets sold are now not worth a dime and consequently, those who may have bought individual one off games towards the season's end have been sold out by the club to Ticket Agencies!

If you think it was empty yesterday, just wait until the midweek Wigan game. Those that do attend will be able to lay down for the game.

Sad, but true.

There are empty seats every week even with the "sold out" signs up. If the 5 game bundle is a factor it is not the only one.

You would be guaranteed empty seats on a freezing mid week game against Wigan regardless.
i just looked at tickets for this, its an absolute joke, £45 for an adult ticket for Wigan at home! nearly £100 for three of us, adult, 16-18 and a junior, now i am outraged and upset

Whitworth Park said:
I posted this because there has been quite a bit of posts from people slagging the so called tourists off.
Having a go at our new breed of fans for getting tickets first.
I was amazed how many empty seats there were yesterday.
I would class Newcastle as a top game, and would say anyone who really wanted a ticket
could have got one yesterday.
I met 4 Yanks in town, first City game, they had been to the store, spent a few bob.
They actually have work connections over here, MOD. and had been over a few times
before but never managed to get a City game in.
I asked why City, and why not the swamp, they said it never entered their head to go
there, they had been determined to get to a city game.
So call them tourists if you will, I say welcome on board, it was 4 less empty seats.
PS
They didn't have corporate Lev 3s

don't think we can argue with that. truth is though is local Manchester people are forced from their seats because they simply can't afford the now prices. had they been cheaper they would take up their seats and there would be no room for tourists. we are heading for a completely different type of fan base.

Wanted to take my lad to the game yesterday (I have a season ticket, he's a blue member) but the cheapest ticket in our section (CB L2 BL222) showing on Vivago was £45 with no concessions available. I wasn't going to pay that so went without him. Surprise surprise, at 3pm loads of empty seats all around us including 3 that I know are season tickets belonging to under 16's. For me Vivago ain't a bad idea but you can't force people to put their tickets for sale on it... Clearly those in my section have so much cash they don't need to sell their unused seats and those belonging to their kids!

I would estimate 80% of ticket holders who don't turn up for games are in the North stand top and bottom tiers, is the family stand too big and should it be reduced next season and blocks at the side being made available to non-families?. Are these tickets in here too reaonable hence people not turning up when it is cold or a night game?. The seats are sold so the club probably isn't too bothered as they have the money but it would be interesting to find out why we have one of the largest numbers of non attending season ticket holders along with Arsenal.

Worksop Blue said:
Wanted to take my lad to the game yesterday (I have a season ticket, he's a blue member) but the cheapest ticket in our section (CB L2 BL222) showing on Vivago was £45 with no concessions available. I wasn't going to pay that so went without him. Surprise surprise, at 3pm loads of empty seats all around us including 3 that I know are season tickets belonging to under 16's. For me Vivago ain't a bad idea but you can't force people to put their tickets for sale on it... Clearly those in my section have so much cash they don't need to sell their unused seats and those belonging to their kids!

There is 24% added to the price - I think loads went unsold for this game £56 is an awful lot for the type of game it was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.