Empty Seats, Welcome Tourists.

Corky said:
Worksop Blue said:
Wanted to take my lad to the game yesterday (I have a season ticket, he's a blue member) but the cheapest ticket in our section (CB L2 BL222) showing on Vivago was £45 with no concessions available. I wasn't going to pay that so went without him. Surprise surprise, at 3pm loads of empty seats all around us including 3 that I know are season tickets belonging to under 16's. For me Vivago ain't a bad idea but you can't force people to put their tickets for sale on it... Clearly those in my section have so much cash they don't need to sell their unused seats and those belonging to their kids!

There is 24% added to the price - I think loads went unsold for this game £56 is an awful lot for the type of game it was.

There are also Blues / season ticket holders on here adding 50% to the price they pay per home games and selling at "face value", so Viagogo are not alone in looking to make a profit.

Chatted to a couple from Argentina yesterday who loved being at the game. I hope I am also made to feel welcome if I ever get to a game in South America

Tim of the Oak said:
Corky said:
Worksop Blue said:
Wanted to take my lad to the game yesterday (I have a season ticket, he's a blue member) but the cheapest ticket in our section (CB L2 BL222) showing on Vivago was £45 with no concessions available. I wasn't going to pay that so went without him. Surprise surprise, at 3pm loads of empty seats all around us including 3 that I know are season tickets belonging to under 16's. For me Vivago ain't a bad idea but you can't force people to put their tickets for sale on it... Clearly those in my section have so much cash they don't need to sell their unused seats and those belonging to their kids!

There is 24% added to the price - I think loads went unsold for this game £56 is an awful lot for the type of game it was.

There are also Blues / season ticket holders on here adding 50% to the price they pay per home games and selling at "face value", so Viagogo are not alone in looking to make a profit.

Chatted to a couple from Argentina yesterday who loved being at the game. I hope I am also made to feel welcome if I ever get to a game in South America

The ones asking 90% were struggling to sell for this game - there are only a few games people get away with asking 150%.

de niro said:
don't think we can argue with that. truth is though is local Manchester people are forced from their seats because they simply can't afford the now prices. had they been cheaper they would take up their seats and there would be no room for tourists. we are heading for a completely different type of fan base.

I'd add no standing, overzealous Stewarding, expensive food and drink, the cheese fest from Hugh Ferris, daft kick off times and whatever else all spoiling the traditional day out for the long term fan. City haven't been the same for a long time. Success on the pitch has obviously been very nice but there's certainly negatives too.

Tim of the Oak said:
Corky said:
Worksop Blue said:

Let's hope you don't sit next to "Juan Miguel Antonio" at the game.

I went to a game in Buenos Aires a few years back and they actually kept the home fans in and let the away fans out straight after the game. Causes less aggro as they can get the away fans away from the ground immediately. They should try that at the Ethad, it would prevent mass embarrassment among large sections of our supporters in the last ten minutes of matches.

peoffrey said:
the cheese fest from Hugh Ferris

All I wanted at HT yesterday was half-time results, instead we had to listen to "CITY LIIIIIIIIIIIVE!" with Hugh (although I love Lakey who was his special guest) and being told about exactly what we had just seen. Can we bring back the KILL THE CHEESE movement? The only good thing about it is the pre-game music is so loud that it drowns out the away fans singing while our Singing Section hasn't filled up!

Look!

In all honesty do the Bods at City really take any notice of us? We've complained about numerous things on and off since Mansour bought the club. The club say they listen, or at least read the forum/s. They also invite fans to meetings. However, at the end of the day the Bods will do what they have to to generate revenue. If this means sold out signs even though the stadium isn't full, and empty seats up for sale via Viagogo with no takers, that's the way it is.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Corky said:

I went to a game in Buenos Aires a few years back and they actually kept the home fans in and let the away fans out straight after the game. Causes less aggro as they can get the away fans away from the ground immediately. They should try that at the Ethad, it would prevent mass embarrassment among large sections of our supporters in the last ten minutes of matches.
i'd be happy to stay until well after the away fans had gone if they could manage to bring me a pint of boddies to my seat

Tim of the Oak said:
Corky said:

Thanks Gordon. I will know to go in the away end if I ever make a game in Argentina. Sound like the good old days.

Now that the people who leave the game early are in the majority I think the chances of people being embarrassed by this are pretty slim.

Tim of the Oak said:
Tim of the Oak said:

Thanks Gordon. I will know to go in the away end if I ever make a game in Argentina. Sound like the good old days.

Now that the people who leave the game early are in the majority I think the chances of people being embarrassed by this are pretty slim.
I have never seen an atmosphere like it and I was at a Bundesliga game only a fortnight ago.

A simple ticket re-sale system for ALL seasoncard holders isn't an unreasonable request. SeatExchange were terrible (received poor service from them) and now Viagogoaway have huge fees and you have to be a Platinum member to use it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.