Emyr Huws

Wigan is ideal in terms of his ability and development,its also a bonus being so local.

I think he'll learn far more playing regularly in the Championship rather than sporadically in the Prem.

Hopefully he will progress well and earn a loan to a PL club.

Maybe have a deal where the club has to pay less amount towards the loan fee for every 60+ mins appearance. (heard Thorgan Hazard has a similar deal, nice idea IMO)

Dunne's own goal said:
Super2Goten said:
It's a 6 month move according to Sky. A loan to NYCFC after that perhaps?

Hope not. Should be either back at MCFC or another loan at Champs/Prem level

Agree,think Wigan under Uwe is a great move,more should go there.

I think this lad is the best prospect we have at this age group,including Lopes

Dunne's own goal said:
Super2Goten said:

I think NYCFC is a good medium ground.

I reckon the young players will learn most on the training ground, playing every day alongside top class players. They won't get that at Championship or lower Premier League level but at New York he could be learning from Lampard and Xavi.

That said, first team football is also important. Players need to adjust to the pressure and the physicality that first team football has over youth and reserve levels. He'll get that at New York but I doubt he'd get much game time at all at City.

Plus, there's the relationship to keep up. I don't doubt that our owners have academy plans lined up for New York and Melbourne just like they're in the final stages of creating in Manchester. In 10 years time we definitely want to be that logical step up from the MLS and A League (which will rocket in popularity over the next decade, especially the MLS) and be able to make the most of the recruitment done into those overseas academies.

Dunne's own goal said:
Super2Goten said:

I think you are underrating the huge advantages NYCFC would give. It's around the same level as mid/lower champs but we'd know he'd play most matches (not another Guidetti situation where he just sits on a bench or at home) and in a style similar to ours. I also imagine being able to train alongside Xavi, Villa and Lampard would be beneficial.

To put this into a kind of context, the Spanish second division is a massive pile of wank and yet look at all the great spanish players who played in it either on loan or in B teams. NYCFC is the closest we can get to that. playing the wrong style and learning the wrong things won't help him or us.

MC ID said:
Dunne's own goal said:
Super2Goten said:

I think you are underrating the huge advantages NYCFC would give. It's around the same level as mid/lower champs but we'd know he'd play most matches (not another Guidetti situation where he just sits on a bench or at home) and in a style similar to ours. I also imagine being able to train alongside Xavi, Villa and Lampard would be beneficial.

To put this into a kind of context, the Spanish second division is a massive pile of wank and yet look at all the great spanish players who played in it either on loan or in B teams. NYCFC is the closest we can get to that. playing the wrong style and learning the wrong things won't help him or us.
I'm not the a huge fan of MLS but to equate it to/infer that is "...a massive pile of wank..." is pretty unfair.

strongbowholic said:
MC ID said:
Dunne's own goal said:

I'm not the a huge fan of MLS but to equate it to/infer that is "...a massive pile of wank..." is pretty unfair.

I assume he meant that if the Spanish Second Division (which is "a massive pile of wank") can produce top class players then lets see what a better league such as the MLS can produce.

Noisy Blue said:
strongbowholic said:
MC ID said:

I assume he meant that if the Spanish Second Division (which is "a massive pile of wank") can produce top class players then lets see what a better league such as the MLS can produce.

Yeah thats what I meant, I really like the MLS actually and have tried to watch a few games here and there, sorry if I wasn't clear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.