Emyr Huws

Falastur said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Falastur said:
Yes. FA rules say season-long loans are permanent and can't be revoked, even if both teams are happy to agree it and regardless of whether they try to insert such a provision in their loan contract. The FA doesn't really care what the two teams say, they insist that the loan continues - it may sound pointless but I'm pretty sure it's designed to stop big clubs from bullying smaller clubs into releasing players that the parent club wants back but doesn't really need. If you recall, this is the situation that forced us to sign Marton Fulop back in 2010 - Brum were reportedly willing to let Hart return to City, but the FA vetoed it.

What if the loan is to a foreign club?

Then it wouldn't be bound by FA rules. Also, foreign loans count as actual transfers according to FIFA/UEFA, and you can't insert a recall clause in a transfer.

There is one other rule I forgot about before that you should be aware of: under UEFA rules, you can only be registered with three clubs in a season. That doesn't mean signed up on the 25-man squad, it means having your name listed under whichever national FA's register as playing for that club, so your parent club will always be one. In effect, this means that a player can only be loaned twice in a season, unless he somehow keeps getting loaned to the same club.
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply.

One last thing; not sure it belongs in this thread but as long as we are on loans:
To be qualified as a HG Club trained, you need to be at the club for 3 years before you turn 21 or in the year you turn 21. But in the case of e.g. Rekik who I think spent only a year at City before being sent out on loans, will he quality as HG. That is, can you have a player say at 17, loan him directly for 3 years, would he qualify as HG club trained?

bluechampion7891 said:
Falastur said:
bluechampion7891 said:
What if the loan is to a foreign club?

Then it wouldn't be bound by FA rules. Also, foreign loans count as actual transfers according to FIFA/UEFA, and you can't insert a recall clause in a transfer.

There is one other rule I forgot about before that you should be aware of: under UEFA rules, you can only be registered with three clubs in a season. That doesn't mean signed up on the 25-man squad, it means having your name listed under whichever national FA's register as playing for that club, so your parent club will always be one. In effect, this means that a player can only be loaned twice in a season, unless he somehow keeps getting loaned to the same club.

One last thing; not sure it belongs in this thread but as long as we are on loans:
To be qualified as a HG Club trained, you need to be at the club for 3 years before you turn 21 or in the year you turn 21. But in the case of e.g. Rekik who I think spent only a year at City before being sent out on loans, will he quality as HG. That is, can you have a player say at 17, loan him directly for 3 years, would he qualify as HG club trained?

Honestly that's something I've never really considered. I think the answer is "no" though, as the Premier League's website does not list him as HG.

Falastur said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Falastur said:

Honestly that's something I've never really considered. I think the answer is "no" though, as the Premier League's website does not list him as HG.

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. You have to be 'registered' at a club for 3 year, not physically at the club as far as I'm aware.

Rekik will only hit that 3 year mark sometime this summer which is why he isn't down as homegrown for last season

depps said:
Falastur said:
bluechampion7891 said:

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. You have to be 'registered' at a club for 3 year, not physically at the club as far as I'm aware.

Rekik will only hit that 3 year mark sometime this summer which is why he isn't down as homegrown for last season
Rekik won't even be 20 until December this year so he'll qualify as an U21 regardless.

depps said:
Falastur said:
bluechampion7891 said:

It's entirely possible they've got it wrong (although exceedingly unlikely), but in Football Manager, you do not get credit towards your HG clock if you're loaned away unless it's within the country and then you can obviously get credit towards that option.

abellwillring said:
depps said:
Falastur said:

It's entirely possible they've got it wrong (although exceedingly unlikely), but in Football Manager, you do not get credit towards your HG clock if you're loaned away unless it's within the country and then you can obviously get credit towards that option.

Yep, this is why I asked too

Reports just emerging that Emyr has signed on loan for Uwe at Wigan.
Great to see citys relationship with Rosler is strong, and im sure this will prove a great loan for both parties with Wigan making use of the lads undoubted qualities, and city having a player returned to them after gaining loads of experience under a first class manager.
I hope Emyr can help Wigan towards their promotion target, and so further enhancing his own and Uwes growing reputations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.