End of an era?

Lady Astor doesn't like this post ;)

Churchill's wife trying to console him after the 1945 elections results (which he absolutely didn't expect): “Never mind, dear, perhaps it'll turn out to be a blessing in disguise.” “Yes dear, at the moment, it appears to be particularly well disguised…”

Got no time for Churchill's politics, but by God the man could turn a phrase.

Churchill's wife trying to console him after the 1945 elections results (which he absolutely didn't expect): “Never mind, dear, perhaps it'll turn out to be a blessing in disguise.” “Yes dear, at the moment, it appears to be particularly well disguised…”

Got no time for Churchill's politics, but by God the man could turn a phrase.
He lived a long privileged life as well, white wine with his lunch, whisky and water during the afternoon and red wine with his tea (dinner for posh cunts). I’m sure I heard he’d never been in a shop in his life, one of his holiday’s was painting in Madeira on the piss with the local vino. He’s still revered there. This is worth a listen:

He lived a long privileged life as well, white wine with his lunch, whisky and water during the afternoon and red wine with his tea (dinner for posh cunts). I’m sure I heard he’d never been in a shop in his life, one of his holiday’s was painting in Madeira on the piss with the local vino. He’s still revered there. This is worth a listen:

Brilliant listen, that, mate.
Ask Tonypandy miners what they think of Winston Churchill. And the south Welsh mining valleys in general. Their memories go back to the 1920s, not the 1940s. He was a great war leader, just what was needed, but people had no trust in him to win the peace. People came back to good quality council housing, with separate bathrooms and everything, and by and large they were delighted. Many of them had never known such housing conditions.
Such a huge difference, the way the fighting people, men and women, who had won the war in ’45 were treated, compared to those who came back in ’18.

Last edited:
Brilliant listen, that, mate.
Ask Tonypandy minors what they think of Winston Churchill. And the south Welsh mining valleys in general. Their memories go back to the 1920s, not the 1940s. He was a great war leader, just what was needed, but people had no trust in him to win the peace. People came back to good quality council housing, with separate bathrooms and everything, and by and large they were delighted. Many of them had never known such housing conditions.
Such a huge difference, the way the fighting people, men and women, who had won the war in ’45 were treated, compared to those who came back in ’18.
Never knew that, if you like your history and a good yarn including miners Ken Follett’s trilogy that starts with “Fall of Giants” is well worth a read, it’s about 900 pages as are the 2nd and 3rd in the series, “Winter of the World” and “Edge of Eternity”. My favourite series of books ever, absolutely brilliant pal.

Its never ending era like a revolving door ,in and out . If you haven’t noticed last season was a mild transitional season and look want happened .

I have a simple view and beliefs about our Football Club and its Glory, I was never into Manchester City just for the Glory, Yes it's wonderful But being a Manchester City fan is a religion and something to turn to even in the dark times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.