End of Season Party vs Arsenal?!

Probably Zabaleta's last game at the Ethiad today, could also be the only reason to stay at the end of the game to give thanks for all he put into our club
A player really worthy of respect. Even opponents will think the same

He might not say hello to the tea lady, you never know ...

Id be more worried if he felt it was ok to disrespect those above him, completely refuse to accept their authority and actually fall out with them and even the owner.

Not speaking to the tea lady or kit man has never or never will get you the sack, no matter how many times you repeat it.

I must admit I will miss Rueben and I have no idea why , ok he looks like Lurch and can get very animated when he wants and the time he managed us he looked very passionate that day, but I still dont know much about him bar he played for san lorenzo and has worked with pellers at every club he's coached since argentina.

I must admit to having a chuckle that he is a lovely man so he has been a sucess for taking us from 1st to 4th or 5th in 2 years,this will be our worst league position for yrs and if we drop out of the CL altogether then that level of stupidity is breathtaking

I must admit to having a chuckle that he is a lovely man so he has been a sucess for taking us from 1st to 4th or 5th in 2 years,this will be our worst league position for yrs and if we drop out of the CL altogether then that level of stupidity is breathtaking

But if we win Karen. Cheers you nice man. Bye Sharon. Zab. Kolarov and yaya probably, these people have served us well. We have won 3 trophies under manuel. Let's not forget where we have come from. Nice and sunny up here as well. Thing it's going to be a good day!

If not let's hound the old bastad!

No I wouldn't have him back tomorrow but I appreciate him immensely for those years he battled and won for us. Nobody is perfect and he made mistakes but he is a very talented manager and tactician. Pep will be a very similar fiery character, he will fall out with people upstairs and in the dressing room. He will get it wrong sometimes but he will throw his everything at it.
I really hope you are ready for him because he seems like your type of manager you don't like ;)
It's quite evident from the moment Soriano and Txiki arrived that Pep was also part of the package. The inconvenient truth is our 2012 last kick of the season title win put a spoke in the Pep plan as we couldn't be seen to be sacking a manager who won our first major trophy the season before and then went on to win our first top division title in 43 years.

The following transfer window told us all we needed to know about Mancini's future at the club. He wanted to follow up his close success by improving the squad with whatever money he was given. He wanted any combination of Martinez, Di Rossi, Hazard, Van Persie to the value of his transfer budget, but in the end all he got was Maicon, Garcia, Rodwell, Nastasic and Scott fuckin Sinclair, so no wonder Mancini was pissed! On top of that the whole football world sat and wondered why we conducted that transfer window in the way we did. Events at the end of that season proved why.

Imo it was a stitch up to undermine Mancini because a successful popular Mancini would place Pep even further away from our grasp. To further undermine Mancini, the club entertained any moaning and whining from the players to further add to the 'Dossier' that Mancini needed to go. By this time Pep had decided not to wait around and took the best offer on the table and word leaked out that City had approached Pellegrini in the February of 2013 for him to take over from Mancini.

Mancini was sacked with 2 games remaining and Pellegrini was confirmed as his successor 2 weeks later coincidentally on a 3 year contract just like Pep's with Bayern. Every time this scenario was speculated, it was dismissed as fantasy and speculation but 3 years later it has all come to pass.

City have admitted our first approach to Pep was in 2012 which must have been whilst Mancini was still insitu. Imo the inconvenient truth of the matter is Mancini's sacking, our regression and season on season decline under Pellegrini is the price we were prepared to pay to land our ultimate target Pep Guardiola. I just hope it was all worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.