England - care less with a successful City?

Couldn't care less about England (as a football team). I can't stand most of the England players either (city players excluded ofcourse)

My mates go to the pub to watch England when the tournaments on, I sometimes just put a bet on England to win to fake some enthusiasm so I dont look like a miserable twat. In reality I just cant muster any interest in the national team

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
Couldn't care less about England (as a football team). I can't stand most of the England players either (city players excluded ofcourse)
Most?

Apart from the odd one or two who played last night i have nothing against any of the current England squad. What is it about Jagielka Baines Cole Cahill Foster Oxlade-Chamberlain Walcott Lampard Sturridge etc. that you don't like?

Lmarkham-blueblood said:

I agree, one of the worst England teams I have seen put out, no vision or creativity, boring to watch, a typical Hodgson performance, to reserved not enough passion, doesn't inspire me at all.

hallstreetblue said:
Why not go and talk to countries like Spain and Germany and ask them how they do it and ask what they did to change things. It's all about the grassroots. We've forgotten about it over the years. Been doing it the british way instead of looking to our european counterparts. We need to recognise more local talent and stop goin abroad for it. Our academies are full of foreign kids. Fook me, it's not rocket science.

No it isn't rocket science and it's also cheaper than flying overseas so it's quite likely that most top clubs have looked on their doorstep and found very little talent there.

On the club v country thing, for me it's City >> City EDS >> City U-18s >>>>>>>>>England.

Saying that I enjoy watching the big international tournaments but if truth be told they're usually more enjoyable when the media aren't working themselves into a frenzy endlessly debating England's chances to the exclusion of the other nations involved.

Still watch the international tournaments (England and other teams) and the major qualifying games, because usually they are great to watch, but all the Friendlies and pointless qualifying games are just annoying and need a serious reshuffle. Forgot the game was even on last night till my Dad mentioned it.

knuckles said:
Lmarkham-blueblood said:

I agree, one of the worst England teams I have seen put out, no vision or creativity, boring to watch, a typical Hodgson performance, to reserved not enough passion, doesn't inspire me at all.
Why do you need to be inspired?

Honestly I know it's not the popular opinion but I love England and I care deeply about English players, I'd love more than anything else for City to bring up an england star through it's academy (George Evans I am laying all this at your feet).

Yes city comes first but that doesn't mean I can't love England too.

MC ID said:
Honestly I know it's not the popular opinion but I love England and I care deeply about English players, I'd love more than anything else for City to bring up an england star through it's academy (George Evans I am laying all this at your feet).

Yes city comes first but that doesn't mean I can't love England too.
It is a well established fact that each football fan has a finite amount of love.

Every ounce wasted on England is love that City are missing out on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.