England - care less with a successful City?

It will not be long before England fail to make a final, we will not come back from that, the writing has been on the wall for years and now we see what our youth has brought through, oh dear. At least we will get the Home Nations tourny back

js1993 said:
Watching England is like banging your head against a brickwall.

Milner gets 3 minutes ?
4-4-2 ?
No legs in midfield ? i know, lets have Rodwell warming up for 20 minutes for fuck all.

For once in my life time can we have an England manager with any kind of adventure or tactical nouse ? Or is a flat 4-4-2 part of the contract ?

It is so strange to see them playing 4-4-2, when most of the players in the squd do not play regularly for their teams!

The thing that completely switches me off from England is that every young player who may be half decent [if he plays for the 'right' club] is put straight into the England squad. I wish we let the U21 squad do its job of getting the young players playing together and understanding the system they are expected to play in. It feels like England should be doing what we are aiming to do, have a football culture that runs through the team so that the young players are used to the system and slot in when they are ready. The thing about this type of system as well is that the 'manager' [head coach] does not need to be amazing and proven, and can be someone with passion such as a recently retired player, because lots of the set up is already done. This is what has made Spain so good - all the players they bring in who have played in the U21s know what to do when they get into the senior team. The media may have laughed at the 'holistic' approach we want but it is clearly what England need.

I'd love England to do well but at the moment i literally keep falling asleep when ever i watch them they're that bad. What makes it even worse is seeing all the old has been that have never been able to do it in the past still in the bloody team.

They need to fuck of Rooney, G. Johnson, Gerrard, Lampard, A. Cole and a couple of others. Then start bringing through some young players. Young players that have some real skills and are not picked just because they play for the old big four.

i have been very underwhelmed recently with England as a whole...hodgson i just don't rate for starters then we have a team that has no creativity what so ever and relaying on 2 headless chickens to run the wings then have no decent final pass to there game.

rooney has been found out on international level now being put in a role behind the striker that has just not worked.

we have no world class in our side any more and that is scary to say the least and at this moment does not look good for the future.

its not about caring less its the football that is produced and put in front of us its just dull and predictable.

Didnt even watch it. I dont class them as England, i see them as "The FA FC" or "London FC". Nothing about them appeals to me. Still, gives fans of conference teams something to get excited about

the goats backside said:
It will not be long before England fail to make a final, we will not come back from that, the writing has been on the wall for years and now we see what our youth has brought through, oh dear. At least we will get the Home Nations tourny back

The writing has been on the wall since Hungary stuffed us back in the fifties - we only won the '66 World Cup because of home advantage, Brazil messing up and a dodgy goal. Yes we had some great players, but we weren't the best team. Since then the FA have believed the hype that the game WE gave to the world means we must be the best, instead of investing at grass roots and continuing to improve standards. My son plays for a team (for a club that has teams at numerous age levels) and is a regular player - has he ever been given any guidance on shooting, crossing, heading, positioning, nutrition, tackling, throwing-in? Zilch! Yet the team has won cups and titles - god knows what the other teams are doing.

Name five World class English players since the '66 team - Keegan, Gascoigne, then you struggle! Lineker? Shearer? Beckham? Shilton? Brooking?

Until there is a complete overhaul of the system - we're stuck with this rubbish.

Know exactly what the OP means, not sure how related my disinterest in the national team is to our club's success though - I know Liverpool, Everton and Spurs fans who all feel the same.

I remember going out to watch the qualifiers, making a night of it, screaming like a little girl when Beckham scored that free kick even though he was a rag.

Nowadays I don't even watch England. I find the team boring, our tactics boring, the attitude of the players and coaching staff boring, the predictability of the same old boys playing regardless of whether they are playing well (or even at all) for their domestic clubs,, boring...

Maybe I will watch the Euros and the WC itself. But even then chances are I would pick out an Argentina or Germany match, especially if we are playing Switzerland or Montenegro. No disrespect, I mean we are hardly better than either of those, but you know with England you are going to get the same old patterns and nothing to get excited about. I certainly think of myself as English, but that doesn't necessarily mean I want to watch a team whose core consists of Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard and Wazzock and have one idea only on how to play.

We don't even ever use a friendly to experiment, at least not beyond calling up the next young rag to blood them, surprised Zaha has not earned a call up yet (or has he?).

I gave up supporting England after the 2010 World Cup. I don't think it had anything to do with an improving City team, more that if they didn't give a shit why should I

The point about England fans being predominately from lower league clubs is very true .
I remember the years when City were , let's be honest, truly woeful ,I was a much more enthusiastic England fan but as the standard of our club has risen, so my interest in England has diminished.
I think that club football , at the top end , has become much more tribal and we are finding it increasingly hard to support a team that is full of our bitterest enemies , a bit like those strange people who think we should all support other English clubs in Europe !
What does worry me most is the fact that most scum fans don't give a toss for England ,even though the squad is full of their players - and I would hate to see that slimy superior attitude becoming common to City fans too.
I suppose that it's one of the side effects of reaching the heights that we are now getting accustomed to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.