England Euro 2012 thread

Re: Is anyone arsed in Manchester...

LongsightM13 said:
Dear Richard Littlejohn.
If you had bothered to read what I posted, I pointed out that it is not football fans I have a problem with. Just the opposite, in fact.
What I do have a problem with is the knuckle draggers, clueless fuckers and plastics who suddenly latch on to football when a major tournament comes around.
You know the sort. Never been to a match in their lives but are suddenly experts with a few lagers down them. Pissed up women who buy an England top from Top Shop and stagger about Piccadilly Gardens shrieking "Rooney, Rooney". The sort of gobshites I witnessed singing racist songs in Yates's during the World Cup — the sort of songs that would see you get a slap if you had tried singing them on the streets around Maine Road, for example. Grown ups who paint their faces to watch a football match in a pub.
If you want to hang with these kind of people simply because they are England fans for two weeks every two years, then that's your choice. Me, I'll stick with the people who follow football year-round.
Some idiots, plastics and racists latch on to England at a major football tournament. That doesn't mean I said England fans are all racist or idiotic. In your rush to wrap yourself in the flag, you are trying to put words in my mouth that I simply didn't say.

This is true. Last World Cup I'd go and watch games involving Netherlands on the big screen in town, and had a couple of pints, chatted to others, it was brilliant. The same venue looked a nightmare when England were on, like the cast of Shameless had just discovered an abandoned van full of England tops.

The only hope I have for the Euros are that all the city players come back unscathed, and ideally, get knocked out pretty quick to save them for next season.

How can anyone cheer on a team with Rooney, Wellbeck, Jones and Young in it beyond me.

What will you do if rooney goes through one on one? Shout go on Rooney...I would rather cut my tongue off

chris_m said:
LongsightM13 said:
Dear Richard Littlejohn.
If you had bothered to read what I posted, I pointed out that it is not football fans I have a problem with. Just the opposite, in fact.
What I do have a problem with is the knuckle draggers, clueless fuckers and plastics who suddenly latch on to football when a major tournament comes around.
You know the sort. Never been to a match in their lives but are suddenly experts with a few lagers down them. Pissed up women who buy an England top from Top Shop and stagger about Piccadilly Gardens shrieking "Rooney, Rooney". The sort of gobshites I witnessed singing racist songs in Yates's during the World Cup — the sort of songs that would see you get a slap if you had tried singing them on the streets around Maine Road, for example. Grown ups who paint their faces to watch a football match in a pub.
If you want to hang with these kind of people simply because they are England fans for two weeks every two years, then that's your choice. Me, I'll stick with the people who follow football year-round.
Some idiots, plastics and racists latch on to England at a major football tournament. That doesn't mean I said England fans are all racist or idiotic. In your rush to wrap yourself in the flag, you are trying to put words in my mouth that I simply didn't say.

This is true. Last World Cup I'd go and watch games involving Netherlands on the big screen in town, and had a couple of pints, chatted to others, it was brilliant. The same venue looked a nightmare when England were on, like the cast of Shameless had just discovered an abandoned van full of England tops.
Thank you. I thought I was talking to myself in a Daily Mail reader focus group for a while there.
I'm a football fan and an England fan. I like watching games with football fans, people who know what they;re talking about.
I dislike plastics, and I hate scrotes and yobs who act the c***. I despise racists.
Was that really so hard to understand? Does that make me some sort of England-hating terrorist?

LongsightM13 said:
chris_m said:
LongsightM13 said:
Dear Richard Littlejohn.

Thank you. I thought I was talking to myself in a Daily Mail reader focus group for a while there.
I'm a football fan and an England fan. I like watching games with football fans, people who know what they;re talking about.
I dislike plastics, and I hate scrotes and yobs who act the c***. I despise racists.
Was that really so hard to understand? Does that make me some sort of England-hating terrorist?

Yes. You burn the flag and let immigrants live in your attic whilst claiming benefits.

You probably won't even host a street party for the Jubilee.

As an American I can say that I'm looking forward to the Euros only because it's more sports to watch. I'll probably be rooting for Holland because of Nige and only then because he doesn't figure to have to play 90 minutes of every game for City.

I also feel lucky to support our national team as we don't have the massive cunts that you have to put up with in the England squad. We also have no expectations so there isn't a lot of pressure.

buckshot said:
As an American I can say that I'm looking forward to the Euros only because it's more sports to watch. I'll probably be rooting for Holland because of Nige and only then because he doesn't figure to have to play 90 minutes of every game for City.

I also feel lucky to support our national team as we don't have the massive cunts that you have to put up with in the England squad. We also have no expectations so there isn't a lot of pressure.

Why arent you supporting england you bastard, have you never heard of our special relationship? typical yank we let you run your own country(sorry sitting bull) and you stab us in the back

i hope cowell and morgan appear on your TV every night for the rest of your life, boston tea party my arse

LongsightM13 said:
dazdon said:
What's wrong with the St George flag?

Because a few idiots use it for the wrong reasons condemning it like that is just wrong.

It's idiots who just condemn OUR flag that irritate me.
Never said there was anything wrong with the flag. Get the sand out of your vagina, you sound like a letter to the Daily Mail.
But unless you are a child of primary school age, only an idiot paints their face for a football match. Especially if they are watching it in a pub.
And the little flags on cars seem to have totally disappeared this time round. Have you seen any?

Surely you see the irony in a gang of face-painted idiots in Yates' on Portland Street at the last World Cup, singing "I'd rather be a P**i than a Turk", closely followed by "With St George In My Heart" — when many historians believe St George was, errrr, from Turkey.

He was a Moor who converted to christianity, which lets not forget was a middle eastern religion. We are pagans in origin, as are most.

hilts said:
buckshot said:

Why arent you supporting england you bastard, have you never heard of our special relationship? typical yank we let you run your own country(sorry sitting bull) and you stab us in the back

i hope cowell and morgan appear on your TV every night for the rest of your life, boston tea party my arse

I thought this was pretty good until the Cowell/Morgan comment. That is over the line my friend.

buckshot said:
hilts said:
buckshot said:

I thought this was pretty good until the Cowell/Morgan comment. That is over the line my friend.

please accept my apology i completely lost it, maybe we can have a hasselhoff/morgan trade off at checkpoint charlie?

it would suit me if we lost every game.
another step to getting rid of the london f.a.
they have had for ever to do something right but never have
they charge a fortune for coaching courses that are so good the prem is full of players from abroad.
so much is wrong with the game, but it will never improve with the current set-up because they have the mentality of the 1st world war generals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.