England finish 4th.

I think he will because it's all about him. Winning the golden boot (which he probably will) means he's had a great tournament: he finished the World Cup on an all-time high. Yeah, England didn't do too well, but as long as he gets the plaudits and the hero worship off the media and the Spuds fans then all is well.

Someone mentioned what a selfish player Hazard can be, and I agree. But he's no worse than Kane.

Kane is much worse. The media hype has gone straight to his head.

We over achieved based on the style of player and group of players in the squad.
I personally think we were trying to hard to accommodate names into a formation they didn’t fit.

England were more suited to a similar formation to the formation city play, as for the tournament itself it was great for England as a nation and created hope for our nation with its reconnection with the fans.

——————————Pickford——————————
—————Stones———————Maguire————
Walker—————Henderson———-Bertrand
————loftes-cheek————Foden————-
—Sterling—————————————Sancho—
——————————-Kane———————————

I really doubt his ability and question his captains role. If he scored 5 less but assisted in 10 more then spurs might challenge for something. At the moment he's just a goal hanger that doesn't add much to a team

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried!

for years the national team has been a victim of the FA's dire mis-management. Entrenched in the past, welded to a London-first mentality (shared with the media ) incapable of meaningful improvement and seemingly impregnable . Their choices of managers, their lack of anything approaching foresight, apart from naking sure nothing threatens their future.. To get on-thread ? ; this world cup took place at a time of unprecedented turmoil on a global scale, what with trump threatening to vapourise NK then claiming ping-pong to be a great friend of america, but also the uncertainty over europe and the russian threat.
Football is not that important to a lot of people in these circumstances. It seems that despite the hype from the tabloids ( sales-driven , at best, diversionary more likely) a lot of us were fairly certain england were nowhere near good enough to win the WC, but were relieved we were not too badly beaten . The scarcity of really world class talent, and truly superb teams ( something the competition has been blessed with in the past ) resulted in a fairly dull mexican wave inducing tournament. So much so, the lack of mob violence has been a "high-light" of post=match comment....
Maybe it's a cyclical thing, maybe not. FIFA's failure to eradicate the diving and simulation of injury might be coming home to roost, who knows, but something has turned the competition into almost a supporting act to various continental cups. imo. One word to sum up 2018 WC. meh

Maybe it's a cyclical thing, maybe not. FIFA's failure to eradicate the diving and simulation of injury might be coming home to roost, who knows, but something has turned the competition into almost a supporting act to various continental cups. imo. One word to sum up 2018 WC. meh

Except it hasn't.

No other competition in the world would get the sort of viewing figures that World Cup games achieve.

Nope. I'm saying that it is woefully wide of the mark to describe Kane as a "goal hanger that doesn't add much to the team".

In general play he didn't add much. In fact I'd say he was England's worst performer at the World Cup in general play. He's not just a goal hanger either though, if he can find a yard to shoot he's a tremendous striker of a ball normally. His threat at set pieces is second to none too.

I think he will because it's all about him. Winning the golden boot (which he probably will) means he's had a great tournament: he finished the World Cup on an all-time high. Yeah, England didn't do too well, but as long as he gets the plaudits and the hero worship off the media and the Spuds fans then all is well.

Someone mentioned what a selfish player Hazard can be, and I agree. But he's no worse than Kane.
Agree entirely. If Kane isn’t scoring goals he can be a waste of a shirt on the pitch. Regards to him being England captain, in my day the captain of a team was there to set an example to the rest of the team by the way he himself played, as well as urging his team mates on all round the pitch. I don’t think anyone can honestly say Kane sets an example to anybody on the pitch by the effort and work rate he offers in a game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.