England Squad - Euro 2024

So 3 full backs in the whole squad. One is unfit, has hardly played all season and is still injured (shaw), and the two rb’s are well into their thirties, one of which has had his worst season ever (trippier). Staggering

Do you remember when we beat Inter in the CL final? Ake-Dias-Stones-Akanji was our back 4. Not a full back in sight. That's the direction Gareth is going in. Klopp has played Gomez at LB. Arteta has played White at RB. Pep plays Gvardiol at LB. All are CBs by their own admission. It's a new world of versatility.

So 3 full backs in the whole squad. One is unfit, has hardly played all season and is still injured (shaw), and the two rb’s are well into their thirties, one of which has had his worst season ever (trippier). Staggering
Not only is luke Shaw un fit.
He's a fat twat.
How can a professional footballer be so out of shape.
If he's wasn't so fucking greedy in Greggs he's actually a very good player

If I knew how he wanted to play at the back, the Back Four might change, but assuming a Back Four, into which Stones/Walker can step, here’s my (attacking) team:

IMG_0934.jpeg

If he definitely wants a 3 at the back, then I think he might play;

TAA Walker Stones Gomez Back “Four” with TAA stepping up alongside Rice.

IMG_0935.jpeg

Either way, he needs the speed of Walker and a steady head in the middle of the Back Four. He seems to like Maguire with Stones, with Maguire giving him a dead ball threat, but his form has been “spotty” at best, and he can’t slide over to cover LB in a Back Three.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.