England Squad - Euro 2024

He can play LW, LM, AM, CM, all to a pretty high level. Has 7+/10 WhoScored ratings in each position and every time I have watched him I have thought his best position is LM/LCM that can roam in to AM or LW when needed, as the space leverages his best attributes (dribbling, build-up, and long distance shooting).
Fair enough. Although If you progress further than the centre circle more than 4 times in a game, you're a forward in waistcoat eyes, i'd say there's virtually no chance he plays in midfield.

Rico has played exactly twice as many games for the best team in Europe as Mainoo has for a complete basketcase of a club (50 against 25). He also made his England debut and did pretty well. Mainoo is usually anonymous when he plays and has very little awareness (watch this Saturday for confirmation).
Just for completeness, I am happy Rico has not been picked because (a) he'd never play and (b) he'd learn fuck all from that arsehole Waistcoat.

He started 8 games lol. You’ve had to combine his 4 season entire career to get him over the number of games by a kid who only broke through into their first team 6 months ago.

Presumably you’re also saying Henderson should be picked because he’s started 500 games?

Not a peep in the media about Arsenal's Ben White refusing to play for his National team.

Imagine if a City player said no thanks to England, the red tops would be seething.
Do you remember the incessent coverage when they accused Raz of kicking off with Gomez and Henderson?

Not a dicky bird about Ben Orange and his scrap with Steve Holland...

He started 8 games lol. You’ve had to combine his 4 season entire career to get him over the number of games by a kid who only broke through into their first team 6 months ago.

Presumably you’re also saying Henderson should be picked because he’s started 500 games?
You obviously rate Mainoo above Rico?
Mainoo is two levels, minimum, below him. Mainoo will go the way of all the other united media creations and achieve the square root of fuck all. Watch him closely on Saturday and think how the fuck can an England international be so slow and be so brain dead as to what is required of a midfielder.

You obviously rate Mainoo above Rico?
Mainoo is two levels, minimum, below him. Mainoo will go the way of all the other united media creations and achieve the square root of fuck all. Watch him closely on Saturday and think how the fuck can an England international be so slow and be so brain dead as to what is required of a midfielder.

No, I think if Rico got game time he’d show himself a much better player, but you can’t pick players who go 2 months without making it onto the football pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.