England Squad - Euro 2024

Foden and Bellingham is easy.
Rice DM, Foden Trad No 10, Bellingham Box to Box.
Next problem.

Can't say I've watched much of Rice at Arsenal this season but FourFourTwo had an interesting video about their run of form with Rice as their pivot and him as an 8. Not saying this will translate to England/tournament football but the tldr is they were shit with him as the anchor for midfield and more or less matching our form with him as an 8.

sexy.

and the two holding ?
One holding and one an old fashioned 8 - which was Bellingham’s role at Dortmund.

Foden’s a far better ten. He’s always penalised because he can play 4-5 positions.

I also think Foden is better on the right than Saka as well but because Saka isn’t as technical as Foden, he always just gets to play that position.

I expected Maddison to be cut. It's the right call. Only plays as a 10 effectively and hasn't been in form recently. We are stacked in attacking areas.

Trafford, Quansah, Jones and Watkins will defo miss out too I think.

Had Wharton pencilled as one to be cut but he makes it now, and Shaw training means Gomez gets cut as Konsa gives the defensive cover in multiple positions.

Final place is tricky. Dunk, Guehi and Branthwaite all fighting to stay in. Guehi was dross but has come through the England system so Southgate will likely keep him. Dunk possibly has that bit more versatility but when they're unlikely to get on the pitch it makes sense to go with Branthwaite because he is young, but I think he gets cut too.
100%. The attack is way too stacked, with in-form players no less, to bring another out-of-form attacker.

I do feel bad that Watkins might miss out. Has been in miles better form than Toney, and might just get cut for stylistic reasons.

Please don't mention penalties yet, tournament not even started yet ffs :)

Kane, Palmer, Toney, Saka...no problem. Foden, Grealish, Bellingham and Walker (just) have scored in shootouts this season. Trippier has previously too. We should play for pens if anything.

Can't say I've watched much of Rice at Arsenal this season but FourFourTwo had an interesting video about their run of form with Rice as their pivot and him as an 8. Not saying this will translate to England/tournament football but the tldr is they were shit with him as the anchor for midfield and more or less matching our form with him as an 8.

That's right, they bought Rice for 100mil to find out he can't play a lone 6.

England fans in general completely miss this and it's a key point. "Play the best attacking players" - see how well that works with Rice in the 6 role and incapable of running the game from deep and linking play. He's absolutely useless at it. Bellingham and Foden would work if we had a proper 6. So you have to play someone else alongside him to get the balance right. And I don't think Bellingham is that player either.

Kane, Palmer, Toney, Saka...no problem. Foden, Grealish, Bellingham and Walker (just) have scored in shootouts this season. Trippier has previously too. We should play for pens if anything.

I don't like to remember Kane's last spot kick in a tournament for England neither

Or Saka for that matter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.