England Squad - Euro 2024

Wow. I thought Southgate would at least give Jack the game versus Iceland after his showing on Monday. He must be gutted. Hopefully, he comes back motivated for next season.

Can't say I've watched much of Rice at Arsenal this season but FourFourTwo had an interesting video about their run of form with Rice as their pivot and him as an 8. Not saying this will translate to England/tournament football but the tldr is they were shit with him as the anchor for midfield and more or less matching our form with him as an 8.

Yeah but Stones can push forward in support.

Jack is great option off the bench even when not at his best. Could be crucial for last 30 min, particularly against top opposition. Southgate just dont understand/appreciate what Grealish provides at the pitch in terms of control, link up play etc. Im really surprised with this decision, its a mistake

Jack is great option off the bench even when not at his best. Could be crucial for last 30 min, particularly against top opposition. Southgate just dont understand/appreciate what Grealish provides at the pitch in terms of control, link up play etc. Im really surprised with this decision, its a mistake
Only if you need to preserve a lead

If you need a goal, let's be honest, you'd probably look to every other attacking midfield option and striker before Jack.

I would have taken him for the situations when you need to control possession against top opposition. And also on the basis that successful national squads have a strong core of national champions. But it's not a complete surprise to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.