England Squad - Euro 2024

‘No chance’ is not credible when he took England to a final and we only lost on a penalty shoot out, no manager has taken us that far since 66.
We’re favourites to win this tournament (I don’t think we will) so obviously we have a big chance.

Out of interest why don't you think we will win it? For me it's because of defensive weaknesses and the lack of a deep lying playmaker/number 6 from a player side and because tactically Southgate's innate fear of losing restricts him from making proactive changes.

That last bit for me is revealed in this squad. If you are 1-0 up with 20 mins to go, Grealish is probably the best player you could pick to hold the ball up, win free kicks and see out a game. But the number of central midfielders and defenders picked reveals what his strategy would be and it simply invites pressure and leads to our downfall.

no squad selection will please EVER. If you was manager you would get slated for whatever squad you picked. It’s why I don’t really care who’s in or who’s out and will get behind all the players whoever they play for domestically- half on here will probably be gutted if Bellingham scores a winner for England, it really is that petty.
You’ll be happiest if VAR costs us I game no doubt

Out of interest why don't you think we will win it?

Because it’s football and it’s a cup competition.
If the best team and manager meant you’d win the trophy then Man City should be winning the Champions League on a regular basis ?

So many get wrapped up and obsess over the Manager, the players, the formations, the tactics , the subs etc and yes they do make a huge difference but people forget that football is just a sport … only takes a couple players to have an off day , a bad ref/var decision, red card, hit the woodwork, missing clear chances or other bad luck and that’s it. Your out. So many fine margins. England lose on a penalty shoot out in a cup final and it’s ’we will never win anything with this fraud in charge’ the next day- laughable considering we got to a final only to lose a 50/50 shoot out.

I could never confidently think England nor any country will win it.

Might just be the wake up call for Jack to sort his shit out, & come back in August 100% (unless he goes to Ibiza)
Eze is a great call from Southgate, & Gordon has serious pace.
People have been calling out for players to be picked on form, & not reputation, so let’s see if this team steps up & does the business.

Because it’s football and it’s a cup competition.
If the best team and manager meant you’d win the trophy then Man City should be winning the Champions League on a regular basis ?

So many get wrapped up and obsess over the Manager, the players, the formations, the tactics , the subs etc and yes they do make a huge difference but people forget that football is just a sport … only takes a couple players to have an off day , a bad ref/var decision, red card, hit the woodwork, missing clear chances or other bad luck and that’s it. Your out. So many fine margins. England lose on a penalty shoot out in a cup final and it’s ’we will never win anything with this fraud in charge’ the next day- laughable considering we got to a final only to lose a 50/50 shoot out.

I could never confidently think England nor any country will win it.

City should have won the CL more and at times Pep has been heavily criticised for our failure, including his team choice in the final we lost against Chelsea.

I don't think you can completely dismiss Southgate's role in our tournament exits. Croatia it was a failure to positively change things before we were behind and the same prior to Italy's equaliser in the Euro final.

Germany remain the only opposition of any credibility we have beaten under him in a tournament.

I don't personally feel the squad is good enough but with a better manager I still believe we would have a better chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.