England Squad - Euro 2024

Manoo - at the start of the season we'd all say who is he? Okay he's had a couple and I mean a couple of good games but hardly merits squad selection.

Southgate has fallen for the media hype.

The kid plays in a midfield that gets overrun and waltzed through almost every week and he's part of the reason why, because he has very poor positional sense as it stands.

He will get taken to school in later stages od a tournament if we come up against a good side with good experienced international midfielders.

A player so poor in his real position that they've started pretending he's a midfielder instead
Mental that i think he will start the tournament in that CDM role just because he can pass a ball. Every other element of his game is dogshit, but he will start for england in a position he never plays for his club because he can pass a ball. Remember when southgate said Foden can't play as a 10 because he doesn't play there for his club.

Well now he will play TAA as a midfielder even though he doesn't play there for his club and he will stick Foden wide left even though hes just swept the awards board this season playing as a 10.

It's a mistake not to select Grealish.
The squad is lacking big game experience and he has that in abundance.
I'd rather bring him on for the last 30 mins to close out a game than say Bowen or Gordon.

It is a mistake. And what I don't get is why you'd call up Grealish and Maddison just to drop them both. Gordon had a knock which he's recovered from sufficiently to play, so one would go out in that instance. But Shaw being fit enough to go somehow means another attacking player misses out. It's a bit strange. These aren't young guys, they've been to tournaments before. It's far better to not pick them in the initial squad than cut them later on. I don't really understand the logic behind it. Southgate has talked about it being form related this season, which is bollocks or they don't make the initial squad and there's no fucking way you could take Toney on that argument. He takes them, Grealish comes on and makes a big difference and gets an assist and is instrumental in the 3rd goal yet doesn't go...whilst Watkins spends the whole game doing absolutely fuck all because he's not suited to our system.

It is what it is. Ultimately most don't play a minute anyway and it's all pointless arguments. The first 11 and subs to win or see out games is what's critical.

Southgate has fallen for the media hype.

The kid plays in a midfield that gets overrun and waltzed through almost every week and he's part of the reason why, because he has very poor positional sense as it stands.

He will get taken to school in later stages od a tournament if we come up against a good side with good experienced international midfielders.

Spot on mate. You can see in Wharton there's a guy with a far better understanding of the game and far better technique and ability to influence the game. Mainoo can run and that's about as far as the complements go.

If I thought Southgate was clueless before then I'm even more convinced of it now. The man has been promoted into a position way above his abilities due to default ( Allardyces sacking ) and if anything appears to be going backwards not improving.

He should have walked after the last tournament. He's had three goes at it and failed. He has no charisma or leadership qualities and is just a bland fa pr man.

Mental that i think he will start the tournament in that CDM role just because he can pass a ball.

What planet are you on if you think Alexander-Arnold is starting the competition at CDM?

Rice is going to be the can for every single minute of this tournament.

What planet are you on if you think Alexander-Arnold is starting the competition at CDM?

Rice is going to be the can for every single minute of this tournament.
Because southgate will play 2. Rice and one other, which i think will be TAA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.