England Squad - Euro 2024

Of course, Southgate is so in love with TAA that he's played him in 8 of the last 50 England games and dropped him entirely from multiple squads.
The fact he played him in exactly that position on Monday night shows he is considering it.

The fact he played him in exactly that position on Monday night shows he is considering it.

By that logic he's considering starting Watkins over Kane, Gallagher over Rice and Dunk over Stones.

Or maybe it was a meaningless friendly warm up match where went out of his way to pick a second team and give minutes to players he knew he was about to cut from the squad.

By that logic he's considering starting Watkins over Kane, Gallagher over Rice and Dunk over Stones.

Or maybe it was a meaningless friendly warm up match where went out of his way to pick a second team and give minutes to players he knew he was about to cut from the squad.
As i said we will see. I still stand by the fact it won't suprise me if he does play him there.

I have got very mixed feelings about this tournament. On the one hand I would like England to do well because we've got Phil, Kyle and John in the squad.
On the other hand I would be made up if we get knocked out in the opening round because I detest Southgate so much. He's a negative, anti-football manager who has been wasting the talent of some brilliant English footballers in recent years.
To select Mainoo over Grealish is a fucking disgrace, but typical of the arse licking FA fanboy.

Leaving out Jack is a strange one. He wins free kicks like no other which will be vital in knock out games (if we get there)

Mainoo is a maddening selection too, as even trying to look at it from a no rags point, what has he done?

No it wouldn't. Fodens played false 9, Bellingham plays something like that at times in madrids unusual formation, palmer can do it, Bowen can play upfront as can Gordon. There's 5 other solid options on top of the 3 strikers for one solitary position that isn't up for debate as long as the captain is fit.

The manager who went into the last tournament preferring a back 5 and 2 defensive midfielders has named 7 defenders and an injured Luke shaw. one injury to Stones which is far more likely than kane, and having 6 defenders will seem infinitely more foolish.

Its Southgate there is no relevance to how pep or ancelotti play. If he wants 3 strikers just in case or wants to use 2 to chase a goal late on that's fine, you don't pick the team or tactics sunshine

If we're just picking good players then fine, but southgate's justification for dropping other people was "they've not had as good a season" - Toney's season was poor by any standards - inconsistency exists within us all, and everyone loves it when you point it out to them!

Managers talk shite because they say stuff that comes back to bite them on the arse. Personally Toney added summat different to the 5000 short technic attacking mids we have.

England basically have 1 world class striker, 2 v good ones, tons of attacking mids, 1 good box to box guy, a couple of decent defenders and some average keepers.

A v good 11 is possible but the squad as a whole is a bit shaky on depth in defensive areas

If Foden doesn't start as a number 10 tonight then my hope for England going far will take a big nosedive.

He can't play left wing with Trippier behind him, it will be so narrow and easy to defend against.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.