England Squad - Euro 2024

Leaving out Jack is a strange one. He wins free kicks like no other which will be vital in knock out games (if we get there)

Mainoo is a maddening selection too, as even trying to look at it from a no rags point, what has he done?
He won the we beat City trophy

Leaving out Jack is a strange one. He wins free kicks like no other which will be vital in knock out games (if we get there)

Mainoo is a maddening selection too, as even trying to look at it from a no rags point, what has he done?
For me, the most baffling call is Dunk over Branthwaite.

We have one left footed defender and he’s been dead since February.

Tarkowski would have been a better pick than Dunk, let alone Branthwaite.

I know it’s cool to hate England but I ann so excited. Think we have a brilliant chance of winning it and really can’t wait to watch the tournament.

As a city fan It will be frustrating watching foden play lw but if we win the thing who bloody cares!

For me, the most baffling call is Dunk over Branthwaite.

We have one left footed defender and he’s been dead since February.

Tarkowski would have been a better pick than Dunk, let alone Branthwaite.

Southgate's reason was that he doesn't think Branthwaite is ready and experienced enough.... but then he goes and picks a young rag midfielder who plays in an awful midfield that get dominated every week and Wharton.

I actually think Wharton is very good, so I don't mind him being there at all but the point is still valid. he has chosen a lesser defender to go to the tournament because of experience, yet contradicts that with other choices in the squad.

Its not like we have any depth in defence either, we should be taking the best who are fit and available. If Mainoo is experienced enough to make the squad then how can he say Branthwaite isn't?

I don't find it that strange. I've always felt Southgate has never been that big on Grealish, he's pretty much always a sub in big games for England.

He's also had a very stop-start season. If you look at the list of attacking players in the squad, I think all of them have a fair claim to be ahead of him on this seasons form, as much as I like Jack and would personally have him in the squad.

I see Mainoo and Wharton basically thing the spots Henderson and Phillips used to. I think Wharton is much better than Mainoo, I bet Waistcoat doesn't though

Few surprises, but some of them dropped players had it coming by not digging deep enough this season.

I m shocked at white and maybe maddison....
Warbarton, mainoo, toney.... Were shock additions.

Main thing is get behind your teams.

I ll be cheering on Scotland and England in the tourny. Hope you both make great impressions!

If Foden doesn't start as a number 10 tonight then my hope for England going far will take a big nosedive.

He can't play left wing with Trippier behind him, it will be so narrow and easy to defend against.
Is this wrong of me to suggest both Phil and Boulders suffer "groin strains" tonight and miss the tournament.

Even then Phil will still be blamed for them being shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.