England Squad - Euro 2024

Southgate's reason was that he doesn't think Branthwaite is ready and experienced enough.... but then he goes and picks a young rag midfielder who plays in an awful midfield that get dominated every week and Wharton.

I actually think Wharton is very good, so I don't mind him being there at all but the point is still valid. he has chosen a lesser defender to go to the tournament because of experience, yet contradicts that with other choices in the squad.

Its not like we have any depth in defence either, we should be taking the best who are fit and available. If Mainoo is experienced enough to make the squad then how can he say Branthwaite isn't?
Central midfield is a more difficult role too.

I guess Dunk’s extra 7 games in the Europa League and 5 more caps make him far more experienced…

If Mainoo gets more minutes than Wharton, that will also be a scandal.

I know it’s cool to hate England but I ann so excited. Think we have a brilliant chance of winning it and really can’t wait to watch the tournament.

As a city fan It will be frustrating watching foden play lw but if we win the thing who bloody cares!

I have seen so many tournaments thinking the same way, Robson had a wonderful squad, Hoddle had a wonderful squad, Sven had a wonderful squad, Only to shit the bed when it counted, Southgate is no different and will fuck up again.

Few surprises, but some of them dropped players had it coming by not digging deep enough this season.

I m shocked at white and maybe maddison....
Warbarton, mainoo, toney.... Were shock additions.

Main thing is get behind your teams.

I ll be cheering on Scotland and England in the tourny. Hope you both make great impressions!
White has ruled himself out because he's too cool and he doesn't like football.

I know it’s cool to hate England but I ann so excited. Think we have a brilliant chance of winning it and really can’t wait to watch the tournament.

As a city fan It will be frustrating watching foden play lw but if we win the thing who bloody cares!
The only way England can win that tournament is playing a midfield of Rice, Foden, Bellingham, with Foden and Bellingham rotating at 8 and 10 (as Foden has done with Kev for City for the second half of last season) But Southgate won't do it. He should have played a front three of Palmer/Saka, Kane, and Grealish but he can't do that now. The squad looks very light in defence so we will have to attack and outscore the better teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.