England Squad - Euro 2024

There are some on here who have gone down the punditry line of the “Emperor’s new clothes”, when actually what we witnessed was utter rubbish.

All this fawning over Bellingham is typical of the media, he was bang average and a right greedy bastard into the bargain.

Phil Foden didn’t even resemble a footballer looked like he had never kicked a ball before, who is responsible for that?

Don’t get me started on that joker in goals, or our captain.

There are teams in this tournament that will be having a good old chuckle after watching that display last night.

OK, morning after, air cleared. Let's sum up.
A positive is the win. All about winning, I suppose (it's not really, but we are where we are)
But the signs are, yet again, showing that the safety 1st hoof ball is the way we are going.
This is the style of play that hasn't won us a tournament in 300 years. But, that's what we're going with.
Arnold in as a quarterback (good grief!), and a right back played as a left back.

To put things into perspective, Serbia have some decent, powerful, players. They are a decent side, but their 33rd place world ranking seems about right.

England have, as far as I can see, one of the best right backs in world football, a ctr back that would get in any team, a top 4 itw DM, the la liga player of the year, the prem player of the year, the European golden Boot winner, one of the best right wingers itw, and they ALL pivot around a chap that won his place in the team through overblown pundit ravings and collecting a full book of panini stickers.

The state of the managers tactics is always to be questioned. He is a long ball coach playing players (the ones that count) who keep the ball on the deck.

The goalkeeper is a fucking idiot and although tripper played well, I can't remember a single attack happening down the left side.

Foden was ineffective, as was Harry. All this was a knock on effect of that midfield set up.

Liverpool play him to his (and their) strengths, but it isn't Liverpool playing. He's the only redman in the team.

The team is schizophrenic. There are two teams playing as one. One team is a Gareth 1996 team, and the other is a modern representation of how football is now played.

Due to the managers inability tto decide which style he wants to play, we play none. Just a cement mixer of individual performers extending their ego's. Knowing that the blame will not fall on their shoulders, only the success.

But success will not come for this team. The tournament is as predictable as all the others. It just comes down to which one will miss the eventual penalty.

To balance things up. I would put ramsdale in nets. At least he has been coached to accept a ball under pressure without flapping. Bring Bellingham to partner rice with licence to go forwards when in possession, and put Palmer on to form a front 3 of saka, Palmer and foden. I would have said grealish, saka and foden, but, yet again, the manager proves his stupidity in not bringing a player that can stop the opponents momentum and give us breathing space in tight spots.

All behind Harry. Who should be causing absolute havoc with clever movement. He wasn't last night. That dink across the box by Kyle had goal written all over it. Not sure what Harry was thinking.

But kane should drop deeper, or move wide at times and allow another of the forwards the space he will vacate by pulling defenders with him.

Foden struggled as the team have absolutely no idea how to play to his strengths. And Phil has no idea what is happening around him. The team are playing an alien game to him.

A predictable win, at the start of a predictable journey for England.

Pickford and Southgate really need chucking in the history bin.

OK, morning after, air cleared. Let's sum up.
A positive is the win. All about winning, I suppose (it's not really, but we are where we are)
But the signs are, yet again, showing that the safety 1st hoof ball is the way we are going.
This is the style of play that hasn't won us a tournament in 300 years. But, that's what we're going with.
Arnold in as a quarterback (good grief!), and a right back played as a left back.

To put things into perspective, Serbia have some decent, powerful, players. They are a decent side, but their 33rd place world ranking seems about right.

England have, as far as I can see, one of the best right backs in world football, a ctr back that would get in any team, a top 4 itw DM, the la liga player of the year, the prem player of the year, the European golden Boot winner, one of the best right wingers itw, and they ALL pivot around a chap that won his place in the team through overblown pundit ravings and collecting a full book of panini stickers.

The state of the managers tactics is always to be questioned. He is a long ball coach playing players (the ones that count) who keep the ball on the deck.

The goalkeeper is a fucking idiot and although tripper played well, I can't remember a single attack happening down the left side.

Foden was ineffective, as was Harry. All this was a knock on effect of that midfield set up.

Liverpool play him to his (and their) strengths, but it isn't Liverpool playing. He's the only redman in the team.

The team is schizophrenic. There are two teams playing as one. One team is a Gareth 1996 team, and the other is a modern representation of how football is now played.

Due to the managers inability tto decide which style he wants to play, we play none. Just a cement mixer of individual performers extending their ego's. Knowing that the blame will not fall on their shoulders, only the success.

But success will not come for this team. The tournament is as predictable as all the others. It just comes down to which one will miss the eventual penalty.

To balance things up. I would put ramsdale in nets. At least he has been coached to accept a ball under pressure without flapping. Bring Bellingham to partner rice with licence to go forwards when in possession, and put Palmer on to form a front 3 of saka, Palmer and foden. I would have said grealish, saka and foden, but, yet again, the manager proves his stupidity in not bringing a player that can stop the opponents momentum and give us breathing space in tight spots.

All behind Harry. Who should be causing absolute havoc with clever movement. He wasn't last night. That dink across the box by Kyle had goal written all over it. Not sure what Harry was thinking.

But kane should drop deeper, or move wide at times and allow another of the forwards the space he will vacate by pulling defenders with him.

Foden struggled as the team have absolutely no idea how to play to his strengths. And Phil has no idea what is happening around him. The team are playing an alien game to him.

A predictable win, at the start of a predictable journey for England.

Pickford and Southgate really need chucking in the history bin.
Only thing you got wrong is that Kane normally does come deep but was obviously under instruction not to last night, so it just became like Haaland where constantly bullied and couldn’t get away from 2/3 centre halves as our midfield was far too deep.

The one thing I thought last night was that we don't have the depth that we've been led to believe. I thought all three substitutes were a noticeable step down on the players they replaced in terms of talent.

The one thing I thought last night was that we don't have the depth that we've been led to believe. I thought all three substitutes were a noticeable step down on the players they replaced in terms of talent.
Mind you they put on a better display than those they replaced.

The one player it was crying out for when we couldn’t keep possession or get up the pitch didn’t even make his 26 man squad.

There are some on here who have gone down the punditry line of the “Emperor’s new clothes”, when actually what we witnessed was utter rubbish.

All this fawning over Bellingham is typical of the media, he was bang average and a right greedy bastard into the bargain.

Phil Foden didn’t even resemble a footballer looked like he had never kicked a ball before, who is responsible for that?

Don’t get me started on that joker in goals, or our captain.

There are teams in this tournament that will be having a good old chuckle after watching that display last night.
I think it's fair to say that Pickers is the only player we know who is guaranteed to start in his club position. Mind, wouldn't be surprised if he replaces Phil out on the wide expanses of no man's land in the next game.

Southgate (and, if this is his last tournament) his successor must be very wary of guarding against it all becoming the Bellingham show with England. It will do nothing for squad harmony and will cause internal tensions going forward. The warning signs are already there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.