England Squad - Euro 2024

Southgate didn't get the job off merit. He got the job because the current England manager (Fat Sam.... Good grief!!!!) got caught taking bungs!!!
So, there is number one.
Number two... As the England youth team coach he won fuck all, and didn't look like winning anything. He was a panic appointment that ticked boxes for the under fire fa. He was available to manage the senior men's team before Fat Sam, but lost out to Fat Sam. Let that sink in.
Three. He has no history of winning anything as a coach.
Four. He had chances as a coach and player to be the difference maker and everytime came up short.
Five. He wasn't that great a player (not absolutely crucial, but it helps).
Six. He has psychological scars from tournament failure and that rubs off on the squad and strategies.
Seven. Everytime he has come up against a team we are not favourites to beat, he loses. On some occasions, we get beat by teams we are strongly expected to beat.
Eight. He plays players out of position or out of form or injured. Then flip flops over things said previously to get players into the team that go against this principle (Shaw, slabhead, anyone?).
Nine. He doesn't play to his squads strengths. Never has done. Because of his fear of failure. Always defensive. We now have an attacking behemoth, let's see how he nullifies that and defends rather than attacking.
Ten. Follow on from nine... he is very impressionable, the dailys generally pick his team for him (mainoo, taa, anyone?)
Eleven. He would not make it as a league coach. He is not good enough (this is up for debate, but 1 to 10 above tell me I'm right)
Twelve. In the 2020 final he started with a back 5 and 2 holders. Plan started perfectly with an early goal. I was then begging him to push a player into midfield to nullify the obvious attacking response from Italy. But, no. He did not cement the lead and battle for the middle. He dropped them back and played hoofball. That is his default setting. Italy took control of midfield as they were a man up in there and they then ran the game. This, by the way, is a facsimile of every England tournament defeat. Defend a lead, or defend a draw, looking for hoof balls. Get overpowered in midfield and lose. Remind you of France, or Croatia?
Thirteen... alexander-arnold... Good grief!!! Tells you everything you want to know about Southgate. Shoehorn him into the team, pretending he is being progressive, when it's just another defender in a midfielders clothes. What is this boy known for? Hoofing long balls. Maybe Southgate is clever. He gets his 7th defender on the pitch and everyone thinks he's breaking the mould. And the papers will laud him for it.

Listed above is the recipe for the usual tournament Disappointment. I've seen it before, so many times. It's like watching the same shit movie over and over.

I will leave you with a Greek saying i have modified to suit you...
"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.... it is the sme when you are stupid deluded"

Come on, England! ;)
I could compress that for you…..
Southgate is fucking clueless

Southgate (and, if this is his last tournament) his successor must be very wary of guarding against it all becoming the Bellingham show with England. It will do nothing for squad harmony and will cause internal tensions going forward. The warning signs are already there.

I find it very odd this TAA experiment, but when you see how close he is with Bellingham it's probably not a surprise he gets in the team.

Unpopular opinion: but I see Bellingham in his current guise as part of the problem, not the solution. He's just the twisted love child of Bryan Robson & Gerrard.
Robson in the 80s world cups was all over the show, box to box, (even scoring one of the quickest WC goals etc) and the media constantly rating him 9/10 or 10/10.
The problem was, the team was struggling, with the likes of Hoddle having to plug the gaping holes left in midfield by Robson and not allowed to play his natural game.
It was only after fortuitous injuries to Robson, and the intro of Reid and Wilkins that England started to look like a team.
Roll on the years and the same happened with Gerrard. All over show and never where he should be, and the team always looking unbalanced, to accommodate him.
Bellingham seems to be exactly the same, constantly encroaching into other players positions hindering their game, no discipline or positional awareness, causing chaos within the team, and then the team lose any semblance of control once his energy levels drop.
And now the media are also championing him as our great hope.
Would Pep give him as much free reign as Southgate? Not a chance, he would reign him in like he did with Grealish for the betterment of the team.
Unless England get a decent manager like Pep, we've got another 12+ years of this shit to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.