England Squad - Euro 2024

If he hasnt learned that by now he never will. I go fucking crazy at the tv when pickford gets the ball cos i know its going 70 yards to the opposition
Pickford is a thick twat. Zero intelligence. Would be lobster red with a plastic Lewis vooton handbag round his neck dropping flyers all over the place in Benidorm were it not for the lack of decent English keepers.

I wonder whether its Pickford not being comfortable making a short pass (surely he can) or whether its tactical to go long? I cant believe if we structured to play out that we couldnt give the goalie an option of a 5-10 yard pass out and build. Pickford can surely make that pass, mind you he looks like he gets a thrill out of hoofing it
I think you’ve nailed it. He plays like he’s had a case of Red Bull before the game.

He should try half a Valium instead. He could be world class!

Wonder when we will actually have a keeper who is good with their feet. There don’t even seem to be any coming through. Trafford maybe, but he looks cumbersome.

Steele at Brighton is very good with his feet not an outstanding keeper though. Depends on what you're after.

Southgate is safety first when the ball goes to Pickford and seems to think it's job done if he just launches it.

Pickford is a thick twat. Zero intelligence. Would be lobster red with a plastic Lewis vooton handbag round his neck dropping flyers all over the place in Benidorm were it not for the lack of decent English keepers.
At the risk of sidetracking the conversation, I’ve often wondered why Jason Steele does get the England cap up. He’s got high football intelligence, is above average in playing from the back, can pick his man with a long pass, and is very press resistant. Realize he is about the same age is Walker, but would offer a different option versus Henderson, Ramsdale, Pope etc.

PS: I’m not English and only follow the team because of the City lads, so don’t have the context.

Steele at Brighton is very good with his feet not an outstanding keeper though. Depends on what you're after.

Southgate is safety first when the ball goes to Pickford and seems to think it's job done if he just launches it.
True, I’d forgotten about him. He’s not great enough with his feet to counteract his average-ness as a shot stopper.

Pickford hasn’t made any keeping howlers and has been solid on that front, but he does limit our build up.

Steele’s only played 30 odd games in 6 years too.

True, I’d forgotten about him. He’s not great enough with his feet to counteract his average-ness as a shot stopper.

Pickford hasn’t made any keeping howlers and has been solid on that front, but he does limit our build up.

Steele’s only played 30 odd games in 6 years too.

He has, that's true. He was always treated as a lower league back up really until being able to use your feet became important.

I'd love to have seen him given a chance in a friendly, it would have at least signified that Southgate wanted to play from the back. As it is we can hope for being solid, trying to score from setpieces and then trying to hang on.

He has, that's true. He was always treated as a lower league back up really until being able to use your feet became important.

I'd love to have seen him given a chance in a friendly, it would have at least signified that Southgate wanted to play from the back. As it is we can hope for being solid, trying to score from setpieces and then trying to hang on.
Couldn’t have done any harm. De Zerbi doesn’t suffer fools and saw the potential in Steele.

Our Phillip should trip on a hotel step and get his arse back home and party with Jack and Erling in LA ;-)
Come home Phil or the media will kill you :-(

Wonder when we will actually have a keeper who is good with their feet. There don’t even seem to be any coming through. Trafford maybe, but he looks cumbersome.

The bizarre thing is that the media in this country believe his distribution is good!

He is more than capable of passing out from the back more than he does. Having watched part of all of the games so far we have been far the worst in terms of our build up from the back. There were times he could have easily found Rice or Bellingham or shifted it to Guehi/Trippier.

His body shape was such that he had pre-determined it was getting leathered rather than look to control possession.

Play a few passes and then if it goes tits up get rid.

I wonder if it was an instruction when TAA took a bad touch and it ended up with Mitrovic in the first half. Wouldn't surprise me if Southgate saw that moment as a reason to revert to hoofball instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.