England Squad - Euro 2024

That's generous!

Not sure where to start with last night. So many issues he just can't get a handle on. For some reason he isn't going to try something different. The comments on replacing Kalvin Phillips were insane.

Kane needs a kicking from the squad for his lethargic performance and for that horror pass which led to their goal. Watkins did more in 5 mins than Kane did, stretching the play. Trouble is he won't score at the same rate and Gareth will never allow his players to get up in support for fear they might concede.

Pickford needs a kicking from the squad for giving the ball away continuously.

I watched him hoof it straight to Denmark, then go mental at the players for allowing them to create a chance. I noticed Stones giving him a bit back at times. If you give the ball to a team mate Jordan you might have a bit less to do.

Ultimately, this was a tournament too far for Gareth. That disaster of a Nations League performance should have had him axed. The fans had turned on him, he wasn't fully into it anymore and that was the time to say goodbye.

People who don't watch football (put flags on their cars, put England bobbles on their kids hair etc...) , apart from the tournaments, love Southgate.
They blame the 'overpaid players'!

To those who live football 24/7 he's clueless. He took 'Boro down ans is completely-out of his depth .

But he speaks well and won't have a chequered past, so the suits in FA Towers love him

Fair play to southgate once he saw Phil and Saka were getting into the game and beginning to make things happen, southgate subbed them both off. Some how bellend stayed on.

I have watched more games than I normally would at international level this week. Every team bar England have clear tactics, Spain, Germany play good football.

England look like a group of pub players that have won a raffle to play in the Euros.

I heard southgate say that playing taa in midfield is an experiment, who experiments in the finals !

Every man and his dog is saying Foden plays 10 bellend plays 8.

I said as England walked out for the second half they don't looked happy. They weren't coming out with the look of just been given a bollocking, or fresh instructions.
They had a look of what the fuck is going on lol.

The moment Kane(pen) stroked another of his usual tap-ins into the net we all of us knew what was coming next - retreat and sit on the lead. And so it proved, as once again an England manager fucks up because he has little or no tactical nous and appears to just make things up as he goes along.

All the comments here lamenting England's embarrassing performance, could easily have been written a year ago, stored on your hard drive and posted today, and then posted again after the next Waistcoat-inspired debacle.

There are, to my knowledge, many BlueMoon posters who have a great deal of knowledge regarding the game. They are tactically aware, they see things that the average professional pundit doesn't (or won't) see, and they are extremely articulate in expressing their views. I make no secret of the fact that I have learned a lot from my fellow BM'ers about game strategies, tactical awareness and the gumption to make changes if and when needed.

The man currently in charge of our national team has none of these.

There are, to my knowledge, many BlueMoon posters who have a great deal of knowledge regarding the game. They are tactically aware, they see things that the average professional pundit doesn't (or won't) see, and they are extremely articulate in expressing their views. I make no secret of the fact that I have learned a lot from my fellow BM'ers about game strategies, tactical awareness and the gumption to make changes if and when needed.

The thing is, I think a lot of it is more common sense than great tactical knowledge.

I think with international football you have to go with logic and common sense because of the limited time you get to work with players. Southgate seems to lack this.

For example, every man and his dog knows Phil would he better in Bellingham's current position and Bellingham can drop a bit deeper. Even the pundits are now calling for it. The only person that doesn't seem interesting in trying it is Gareth. Maybe be will try it next game, I doubt it, but if he does and it works then you still have to ask why everyone could see it well before he could.

Many of us here said before the start of the Euro's that playing Arnold in midfield is such a terrible idea. Even Wayne Rooney said he would have Arnold nowhere near the midfield before a ball was even kicked at the tournament. We can all see it, yet Southgate plays him there and calls it an "experiment".

It is what it is. He's a piss poor coach. Just because you had a decent career as a player it doesn't mean you're cut out for coaching a team. You see it in boxing all the time, some of the greatest and smartest boxers in the ring were actually terrible trainers.

I don't expect much to change in the tournament. He will probably double down on some things rather than look like he's being influenced by the noise. He will probably drop Phil rather than make Bellingham play a bit deeper.

I could understand it if it was prime Roberto Carlos, but it's Luke frigging Shaw!

I think Shaw an OK left back when fit but it does give an insight into Southgate's mind.

He takes an injured Shaw as if he's Roberto Carlos and he's bringing up missing Kalvin Phillps in post match interviews as if its like losing Rodri or Busquets or something. He seems to have a very skewed perception of players abilities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.