England Squad - Euro 2024

Yeah, he’s a pressing machine. Hendo mark 2.

We lack players that can pass through the lines in midfield though. That’s why Foden never gets the ball.

Wharton seems our best option for that, but he seems last choice.
Was an eye opener how bad / reluctant Rice is at this. Thought he was better. He was Very one dimensional

Was an eye opener how bad / reluctant Rice is at this. Thought he was better. He was Very one dimensional
I think he is as he doesn’t stand out at Arsenal for not being able to pass at the right times. Maybe he needs to be shown by his manager before the game in the tactical briefing?

As others have said though, he’s not great as a 6 and Arteta worked that out quickly and played Jorginho or Partey there in the bigger games.

I’d almost like Rice to have a migraine on Thursday and Wharton gets a full match as our 6. (Or Bellingham for that matter)

No doubt if that happened, we’d go 5-3-2!

That's a pretty fucking funny heatmap for Bellingham after all the clamouring to play him as 10 and move Foden out left.

I'm not familiar enough with Wharton, or any other option we might have to play 6, and I suspect it won't be discovered tomorrow that Rodri was actually born in Levenshulme, but I wonder if with a bit more development in that area at what point we start asking who plays out of Rice or Bellingham, and not who plays out of Bellingham or Foden.

You’re just wumming at this point.
I’ll be interested to see your response to @supercity88 excellent posts in the last page or two. Somebody who gets it and isn’t blinded by this weird ‘must defend England at all costs’ mentality you have.

you like chucking the WUM card up whenever someone has a different view.

Saka has been good for England, for many years - practically anyone involved in the game would agree with that. so hows that wumming.

as for the post you mention, i was the first one to give it a like - he made some fair points.

Which is fine and correct, but we need him to create and progress the play too if we’re going to be a top team.

He's playing the defensive midfield role though... we have Trent (who got forward alot and had a few shots) Foden, Bellingham, Saka, Kane. Guess Southgate wants someone holding back and protecting the back line.

That's a pretty fucking funny heatmap for Bellingham after all the clamouring to play him as 10 and move Foden out left.

I'm not familiar enough with Wharton, or any other option we might have to play 6, and I suspect it won't be discovered tomorrow that Rodri was actually born in Levenshulme, but I wonder if with a bit more development in that area at what point we start asking who plays out of Rice or Bellingham, and not who plays out of Bellingham or Foden.

Foden's and Tripper's pass maps were identical in that clip, think they got Foden's wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.