England Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of Bellingham only bright spark comments in dismal England performance in the media this morning. Was it just me who thought he was distinctly average?

He got caught out a few times but at least he was one of the only players trying to drive England forward, along with Foden and Grealish when he came on.

The rest are just happy to get rid of the ball as quick as possible and pass it sideways. Sterling was awful, Saka useless in his position. Rice the crab looked petrified on the ball.

So I thought Bellingham looked bright in that respect. He seemed to have the right ideas at times.

He obviously has quality, I just think sometimes some people on here don’t want to acknowledge it in case he ends up at Liverpool instead. I’d take him here in a heartbeat, even if it takes him a couple of years to hit the standards we need. He has the ability to be a genuine top level midfielder. He actually looks to be a bit assertive too, which is more than you can see if anybody else on the pitch. Rice is supposed to be a leader on the pitch for West Ham but goes into hiding for England. What does Kane offer as captain?

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying he was spectacular or anything but he’s a really good player and if other players in the England team had the same drive as him to get the ball going forward and make things happen, we might actually score some goals. But you’re only as good as the players around you and I think with the right management and tactics,,Bellingham would flourish in that England team. So would Foden and Grealish.

But it just seems to be a shit show from the management downwards at the moment.

Last edited:
Needing to win the game at 1 nil down. I think waistcoat made on attacking change. I think England finished game with still a back 5.
Once England went 1 down waistcoat didnt have a clue how to change things. Reminds me of City under Pearce

Kane needs dropping he is to selfish to play for England let spuds have him.
Sterling was poor
Englands number 3 with the funny hair was poor
Not Walkers best game.

England were very poor against a poor Italian side.

I just most find international matches at a standard of championship league or lower.

I watched the game with the sound off I had no idea what formation England were playing g apart from a back 5. It seemed Saka was playing left back ? I thought he was a winger ?

The better players in this England team must feel like giving up international football for good
Southgate not got a clue how to get the midfield and forwards in the danger zones ? Grealish comes on with 20 minutes to play, then he's picking the ball up in his own box,

we need a manager with attacking flair as his first thought and not in defence 5 shapes
get somebody with flair on the ball to run at them and open up teams, Kane, must feel like what the fuck am I doing being a target man to play off when nobody is within 30 yards of him.

We must sack Southgate before the world cup because we have a very good bunch of players that with the right manager and system can win the world cup

Most England players look a worry under Southgate's guidance , name one player that reproduces his club form in an England shirt , there might be a couple , but the vast majority do not .My concern is that our players come back as damaged goods after listening to the idiotic England coaching set-up and Southgates turgid,boring tactics.
Agree about the tactics etc but walker has been off for us as well

It doesn't surpise me one jot this current run of poor form under this beige (nice) prat. We've failed to score in 4 of our last 5 games which is scandalous when you consider the talent at his disposal.

All the happy clappers that 'got behind' the England team during the last WC and Euro's can fuck right off (including my wife). During both tournaments it was clear for anyone who has even a small knowledge or understanding of the game that the team was wank tactically and once we came up against any half decent manager with a tactically astute gameplan, we'd get shown up.

I remember arguing with wife, brother in law and nephew when we beat Ukraine
4-0 with my point being thar despite the result or run of results over the two tournaments, we played a bland and predictable style of football and as a result will win nothing under Southgate.

I got called pessimistic, miserable and I should 'get behind' the lads.

Fucking happy clappers

Fuck off your entire family, in my view. It's the least you should do. Maybe let the wife live in the garden shed.

And Walker at centre half going off last nights show.
And starting with a back 3/5. Only Dier is used to it so it’s just more putting square pegs (especially Maguire) into round holes, and that’s before starting about the rest of the shape being forced to accommodate it. .

Southgate is absolutely clueless.

So walker started did he? Despite missing the last 3 games for us and something like 4 other right backs in the squad. Thanks Gareth.

Playing Maguire is also a huge kick in the teeth for other players, basically confirming that certain players will always get a chance under Southgate regardless of their ability, form or attitude. He'll go to the world cup even if he doesn't play another minute of club football before then.
Same with luke Shaw who's played twice in the league and started once for the rags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.