England Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was completely obsessed with that unbeaten run and has no other clue. Some of the players he is playing are in form but Southgate is then playing them out of position.

I'm glad that this WC is a farce and won't be a proper tournament. Will hopefully see Southgate being sacked and we can get somebody competent in who can be more creative and attacking with the squad.
You mean the FA will bring in Scott Parker or Aidy Boothroyd to replace him. It will just be another FA man who has fuck all clue with what to do with this bunch of players.

You mean the FA will bring in Scott Parker or Aidy Boothroyd to replace him. It will just be another FA man who has fuck all clue with what to do with this bunch of players.

The best blokes for the job (Howe and Potter) will be happy in their current jobs.

I agree that none of the main Premier teams would take Southgate but sure he would get a job just on the back of being ex England manager.
Someone mentioned that this World cup will be different than any other and should never have been given to Qatar ,sure the money under the table details will come out eventually.

Do any Bluemooners plan on going?

I agree that none of the main Premier teams would take Southgate but sure he would get a job just on the back of being ex England manager.
Someone mentioned that this World cup will be different than any other and should never have been given to Qatar ,sure the money under the table details will come out eventually.

I'd rather eat my own shit....................

Yes booked for the full month fly back day after final that's how confident I am ha ha.On way to Wembley now and got back from game in Milan on Saturday. It really reminds me of the good, old, bad old days watching City. I find it refreshing and a top laugh.

Last edited:
With GKs who can't pass and an inconsistent CB pairing we have to go long and look to get support around Kane. Win the second ball, and try to make things happen in the final third. Then defend as a unit. We'll likely be without the ball for the majority of the game. But keeping it sees us give it away in dangerous areas and create next to nothing anyway. He's sticking to players who have "delivered" for him before, but he normally has a run up to a major tournament to get players comfortable in the system, he doesn't have that luxury. Walker was horrific at RCB. He usually is. He is a RB and can defend the counter attack in a more central space, but he isn't comfortable. Reece James plays RCB for Chelsea. He's better at RB but he's more comfortable as a RCB so should be played there if it's between the two of them. That would also allow Trent to play, who like it or not is an excellent RB in an attacking sense and should 100% be on the pitch in that system. If you play a 4 then Reece James is the better all round player.

On the left we need a left back. Not a young dynamic player like Saka. Not a right back, a left back. Joao Cancelo might work as a left back but he can use his right foot as if it's a left! Foden has to be given free reign to get on the ball as much as possible. When he gets the ball things happen. We saw that in glimpses where he linked up with Bellingham. Get him central and then get pace ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.