England Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say it, but the only style that would work with this team is a Klopp style of get it down the wings and try and cut in/cross for Kane.

No idea what we're doing at the minute. That performance Friday was awful against a horrendous Italy team.

Not sure who could come in, needs to be someone who can play attacking football.

Seen this on the bbc sport website fair assessment ..View attachment 56642

I don't get this. Tomori, Ward-Prowse, TAA and Bowen dropped from the squad now. None of them have played a minute. Great for their confidence and for the team harmony. He needed to use the NL as WC build up and ignore results or as a serious competition and stick to a certain team and formation to build confidence. Instead he's done a bit of both and got nowhere. Shambles is the right word.

Hate to say it, but the only style that would work with this team is a Klopp style of get it down the wings and try and cut in/cross for Kane.

No idea what we're doing at the minute. That performance Friday was awful against a horrendous Italy team.

Not sure who could come in, needs to be someone who can play attacking football.

Brendan Rodgers. He'll deliver us what we need.

As I have said before: There isn't a match going fan of a Premier League or Championship side who would want him as their next manager, other than West Brom fans who would prefer most ahead of Steve Bruce.
Perhaps he really is still in place because there are no suitable alternatives, but I find that hard to believe.

I imagine they saw him a short term stop gap when they needed a quick and uncontroversial replacement following the Allardyce fiasco. And whatever you may think of the entertainment value or lack of quality opposition, no one is getting sacked after getting to a World Cup semi. And no one is getting sacked after next getting to a Euro final.

It reminds me a bit of Di Matteo at Chelsea. He stepped in as a caretaker, with everyone clear it was just until he saw the season out and they could get a better qualified replacement. But he goes and wins the European Cup and they’re more or less forced to give him the job permanently. Not that it lasted very long but the point stands.

I don't get this. Tomori, Ward-Prowse, TAA and Bowen dropped from the squad now. None of them have played a minute. Great for their confidence and for the team harmony. He needed to use the NL as WC build up and ignore results or as a serious competition and stick to a certain team and formation to build confidence. Instead he's done a bit of both and got nowhere. Shambles is the right word.
Spot on mate Southgate rode his luck iat times getting England to semi finals World Cup and euro finals he’s now showing how out of his depth he is clueless like that wee prick Martinez..

It seems to me that Southgate doesn't really pick the team himself, he seems to just come out afterwards and try and justify the selection, almost apologising for it.
There is no logical explanation as to why Slabhead was included - none whatsoever. He doesn't start for his club, who are one of the poorest teams in the Premier league, yet he gets another international cap from Southgate...why?
The reason I ask is because Southgate doesn't seem to know the answer himself. Not once have I heard him explain the thinking behind including Maguire in his team, so if he doesn't know himself why the Slab is there just who the fuck is in charge of the England set up?

More to all this than meets the eye.

We did okay with 4 at the back trying to emulate Pepball.

The Scotland match spooked Southgate and he’s been 5-2-2-1 ever since and we’ve hardly scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.