England Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was completely obsessed with that unbeaten run and has no other clue. Some of the players he is playing are in form but Southgate is then playing them out of position.

I'm glad that this WC is a farce and won't be a proper tournament. Will hopefully see Southgate being sacked and we can get somebody competent in who can be more creative and attacking with the squad.
The question is who?
I'd have gone with Mancini or Conte, neither of whom are available sadly.

To be fair, that was a pretty awesome Belgium team from what I remember, although we were very lucky to scrape past them as I recall us being outplayed by them. I do agree with the just of your post though

It was a long time ago. In my mind they were a pretty run of the mill team but you may well be right. In general though there are only ever four or five opponents in the world that people would consider “decent” so it’s not unusually that you can get to a semi without facing any of them.

Here’s a fun fact though. Excluding the 1968 Euros, that only four teams took part in, England have only ever reached the semis of four major tournaments in their entire history. And useless old Gareth was manager for 50% of them.

He was completely obsessed with that unbeaten run and has no other clue. Some of the players he is playing are in form but Southgate is then playing them out of position.

I'm glad that this WC is a farce and won't be a proper tournament. Will hopefully see Southgate being sacked and we can get somebody competent in who can be more creative and attacking with the squad.

I wouldn’t be against Bielsa…

I take it all back about Southgate...

He's begging the rags boss to play Slabhead.

If you don't take any city players is our centre back pairing Conor Coady and Dan Burn?

I can’t find it now, but there is a rumour going around that if Iran are not allowed to take part in the World Cup in Qatar next month, Italy would be invited to replace them. Surely this would blow the integrity of the whole tournament into question, as if it wasn’t already. FIFA are a joke, almost as bad as the Uefa crooks.

Reactions: mat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.