England Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southgate has no excuse are there any team except France with bigger squat ?
Here are 2 teams I picked just to show what he can choose from . If he cant work with this he should leave.
Sorry forgot to put Pickford in. This is not A or B team just 2 teams just so show how much he has to choose from
Trippier, Ward-Prowse , Watkins next in line

England1.jpgengland2.jpg

If everybody is going to put an asterisk next to Southgate’s World Cup semi due to having an easy run then it’s only fair to put Robson’s under the same scrutiny. An awful draw against Ireland. A stalemate against Holland and then just scrapped out of the group with an uninspiring 1-0 against Egypt. Then just about edged past two average teams in Belgium and Cameroon. All this after a near player revolt forcing him to change the formation.
To be fair, that was a pretty awesome Belgium team from what I remember, although we were very lucky to scrape past them as I recall us being outplayed by them. I do agree with the just of your post though

I'm sure I read somewhere that approximately 80% of the FA decision-makers are over the age of 60? If true this explains why they are so out of touch with modern tactics, why the whole England set-up is so yesteryear. Southgate himself dresses like a Victorian grandfather: probably has a watch on a chain in his waistcoat, a stovepipe hat at home, pipe and slippers, etc. Whereas what we need is a manager who has a more updated idea on how the game should be played, the Guardiola way.

Someone should go and remind these antiquated old fossils at the FA that Queen Victoria hasn't reigned for quite some considerable time.

To be fair, that was a pretty awesome Belgium team from what I remember, although we were very lucky to scrape past them as I recall us being outplayed by them. I do agree with the just of your post though

They were a useful side.
Comparing the England squad and achievments then to now is difficult,due to the fact that the England players then,had little exposure to European football due to the English clubs ban after the Heysel disaster.

That £80 million colossus in the rags' defence? That towering rock of steady, reliable dominance that every team must have in their line-up? Southgate would pick him even if he had prosthetic legs.

Watched a few very brief highlights and Slabhead looks what he is, a mid-championship plodder who should be doing what the most of us are doing, watching England games on the TV.
He looks bewildered every time the ball comes near him, pointing and gesticulating at everyone else, sheer panic etched all over his absurdly-large face.
I mean, the man moves like some kind of giant mechanism you'd find on a building site: moving hundreds of concrete slabs from one place to another. Some burly chap with a safety helmet and a yellow hi-vis jacket sitting astride Maguire's shoulders, the robotic-like movements of this hybrid of man and machine.
Problem is, once you are up against some very very good strikers, slow is the last thing you want your players to be.

Why Southgate is blinded with loyalty to this clanking, automated, genetic mish-mash escapes me.
Well, tbf, slabhead is a bit of a rock in the defence....

He's static in the same way.

I’m predicting we get knocked out in the group stages. Beat Iran 1-0, and draw and lose against usa and wales and go out. Wouldn’t be surprised with 3 bore draws either.
England should walk their group on paper.

Unfortunately they have to play on grass...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.