England Thread - 2023/24

For me if England have a chance of winning anything they need to play

Walker stones dunk
Rice
Bellingham foden
Saka kane grealish

A decent manager

Left back and keeper I'm unsure on. Can't see Wanker playing Foden in the centre because he will almost always play two DMs. It will be either Phil or Jack wide and maybe neither.
He‘ll play Mount in centre mid before Foden too.

He is unbending from his need for two number 6s.

Now this is ridiculous and unfair to a number of players last night…

Steve Scott (ITV Sport) just stated on the news “after Jude Bellinghams ONE MAN SHOW last night”… then a piece on him (plus interview) as he went home to Stourbridge.

Now this is ridiculous and unfair to a number of players last night…

Steve Scott (ITV Sport) just stated on the news “after Jude Bellinghams ONE MAN SHOW last night”… then a piece on him (plus interview) as he went home to Stourbridge.
Said it last night and I’ll say it again. The reaction to Bellingham and the airbrushing out of everyone else is fucking nauseating.

Ok then let’s look back at some other successful international managers and pick which one you want to manage England.

Scaloni
Deschamps
Löw
Lippi
Fernando Santos
Del Bosque
Otto Rehhagel

I would put Mancini but obviously you’d never want a manager who failed to qualify for a World Cup with Italy.
Are you arguing the point we agree on (that there may not be a better manager available to replace him right now)?

By the way, I would take Del Bosque over Southgate every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Even Löw would arguably be better, but I can understand the argument against, as well.

Reminder: asserting that Southgate is holding back England is a completely different argument to whether a better manager is available. They are not mutually exclusive.

Ok then let’s look back at some other successful international managers and pick which one you want to manage England.

Scaloni
Deschamps
Löw
Lippi
Fernando Santos
Del Bosque
Otto Rehhagel

I would put Mancini but obviously you’d never want a manager who failed to qualify for a World Cup with Italy.

You have to look at what they had done before getting the respective international jobs.

Baring Scaloni, all had success domestically and had experience managing in European competition.

I've stated previously, that I think the England manager should have had some success managing in the Premier League and have experience of managing in Europe or European Competition. They don't have to be English.

The FA is not going to fire Southgate, so discussing options for right now is moot. I believe he'll go after the Euro's and if I were the FA I'd be throwing everything at getting Ancelotti in the summer.

They need a commercial poster boy. Where's the harm?
No harm, and I agree completely that it’s down to several industries benefiting from singling out the latest superstar and running with it.
I’m not a fan of it though… unless it was Phil of course.. :-)

Said it last night and I’ll say it again. The reaction to Bellingham and the airbrushing out of everyone else is fucking nauseating.

And who gives a fuck ?!

Bellingham was superb. So was a lot of others.
Does it really matter who the media highlight? I’ve avoided all media so couldn’t care less.

Just proud to see a young English side play well and win once again.

And who gives a fuck ?!

Bellingham was superb. So was a lot of others.
Does it really matter who the media highlight? I’ve avoided all media so couldn’t care less.

Just proud to see a young English side play well and win once again.
I give a fuck when it’s reported as ‘Bellinghams one man show’. What happened to the one man show v Ukraine?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.