England threatened with expulsion from Euros they are hosting

Now that Uefa have mentioned it, (strange timing as the Torys started it 12 months ago) I'm suprised nobody brought it up before.
In simple terms they are saying a government could decide who owns a club (no slightly brown people) and where matches cannot be played (where slightly brown people live)
I don't think the government have any intentions of being involved in that manner but it again shows its a poorly thought out Tory idea. Why Starmers mob are carrying it on amazes me.
The government need to sit down with Uefa and sort it out.

But they won't.
Nothing to do with party politics as the bill had all party support. I’m pretty sure that UEFA wrote a similar letter to the previous government’s sports minister and this is just to inform the new government, only difference this one leaked it

Nothing to do with party politics as the bill had all party support. I’m pretty sure that UEFA wrote a similar letter to the previous government’s sports minister and this is just to inform the new government, only difference this one leaked it
Read Martn Samuel's take on it. Theborevious government didnt reply to Uefa and this lotcare ignoring them. He is confident we will be kicked out if it goes ahead.

I would if there wasn't a paywall.
it ends with a flourish

"We all know how independence works in government because it is how we got here. Crouch conducted a review having stated before it began that she favoured a football regulator, spoke to exactly the type of people who would agree with her and to the surprise of nobody decided the best solution was what she thought in the first place. Every step since has had successive governments’ mitts all over it. Any regulator would be about as independent as Truth Social is of Donald Trump. It takes a lot for Uefa to emerge as the good guys but, on this, they are spot on."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.