England v Brazil | Friendly | Match Thread

What formation shape would they do different out of interest ?

we might attack more but soon as we lose and exit a tournament then no one cares and the manager gets crucified
Dont take this the wrong way, but all your above statement tells me and everyone on this forum is that you really do know very little about football if you don't understand how a manager like Pep could get this England team playing much much better and increase our chances significantly of winning something over Southgate.

Last edited:
I just find the way England play to be utterly negative and boring. Is that the fault of the players, or something else?

International football is a drop off from what we get week in week out in the PL and CL, and I think for the most part, the majority of international football is boring due to the fact the players just don't play with each other every week and the coaches are more often than not finished at club level or punts from the international youth setups. Argentina won the world cup with a rookie manager for example who's managerial claim to fame was managing the Argentina U20's.

I think as fans what we ask for at a bare minimum is selecting to play the players that are most in-form and utilize our best players in the most efficient way possible.

Southgate fails with this because no way should Gallagher be playing in midfield, Maguire in central defence, Henderson in the squad, playing Foden at right-wing, selecting Rashford as one of his go to off the bench options.

His in-game tactics are also that of a Championship manager.

Mancini made him look like he was an assistant manager who got the job for a day in that Euro final in 2021.

I just find the way England play to be utterly negative and boring. Is that the fault of the players, or something else?

International football.
Was Brazil amazing to watch ?

Watch other international games, often slow and boring, players not used to playing with each other etc.
Especially friendlies and pre knockout stage

Dont take this the wrong way, but all your above statement tells me and everyone on this forum is that you really do know very little about football if you don't understand how a manager like Pep could get this England team playing much much better and increase our chances significantly of winning something over Southgate.

Pep need times to makes the players in national team playing what he wants and even it took him six years to get champions league for us.

I said champions league not premier league because it's pretty much similar as world cup or euro because they both a knockout tournament.

Pep is king on winning title in league format hence why we always wins in league in consecutive seasons but i doubt he will do it consistently in knockout format that rellied on draw and luck to win the knockout competitions like world cup or euro.

I agree with most of what you said, except Bellingham, who I actually thought was quite poor, especially his attitude (constantly moaning and quite selfish throughout), and Gordon, who looked below the level required, though, it was his debut in a bad selection from Southgate.

And I think you are being slightly harsh on Foden, who was quite clearly well ahead of everyone on the pitch, including Bellingham, who were always looking for the safe sideways and backward pass or, in the case of Sir Bellend, trying to run through the entire Brazil team for a wonder goal.

Gordon looked to make things happen and had a couple of efforts on goal, and his pressing was good. Bellingham at least got on the ball consistently and tried to run the game. He was generally at the centre of our attacking play.

We see Foden consistently get on the ball and create chances for City. He is often ignored in an England shirt but he needs to find a way of getting on the ball more. Other than the flick I can't think of much he did other than lose the ball last night, I wouldn't rate that as a good performance when we know what he is capable of.

Pep need times to makes the players in national team playing what he wants and even it took him six years to get champions league for us.

I said champions league not premier league because it's pretty much similar as world cup or euro because they both a knockout tournament.

Pep is king on winning title in league format hence why we always wins in league in consecutive seasons but i doubt he will do it consistently in knockout format that rellied on draw and luck to win the knockout competitions like world cup or euro.
Simple question, who would you put your money on to win something, Southgate or Pep? If you reply with some long ramble and not name one, we will all know the reason why.

Just watched it.
Fucking load of boring negative shite again from Waistgate,
Sooner he fucks off to the swamp the better.
Clueless.
Even his post match interview sent me into a semi paralysis state.
He saw positives apparently.
The fact he suggested Chilwell played well speaks volumes. He could have just not commented on what was clearly a dire individual performance to say he had a good game is laughable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.