England v Brazil | Friendly | Match Thread

I don’t expect us to win anything, I WANT us to win something. That’s the difference. Regardless of who’s manager - because whoever is next will get the EXACT same treatment as Southgate, tactical geniuses on social media and forums telling whoever it is what formation he should have played, what tactics, which players etc - same old cliches ‘just a fa yes man’ ‘clearly well out of his depth’

A manger might get a respite if he wins an actual trophy but even then I don’t think it will be enough for some. social media outrage nowadays and everyone over analysing has completely taken the fun out of supporting ya nation. Aswell as most preferring us to lose anyway. Oh well.
If that manager was Pep or Klopp or Ancelotti would you think the same?
What qualifies Southgate to be the England manager relegation at Middlesbrough? He actually achieved the same fate for England ironically
The Euro final defeat by an Italian team, that was far inferior to England; I would hazard a guess that if Mancini has been England manager with that squad it would have been a victory in 90mins
Southgate is not only a poor manager but he is a two faced clown who says one thing and does another Hope Scuffy Jim sees football the same as you and he puts the final nail in the rag coffin
Friendly or not friendly football is about momentum and going into the Euros having had good performances, and results, in these two would make all the difference

Exactly what I expected considering most of these players don't want to be playing these games.

Brazil with a new manager put in some real fight, our lads just jogged about.

Gallagher shouldn't be in an international squad. He isn't a DM and it showed. For an 18 year old to come on and do more in 5mins says it all. Maguire was shite, and then Dunk was even worse. Chilwell looked like he had won a competition.

Foden had the chance to run the game when Bellingham went off but didn't, another poor display in an England shirt by him (by his usual standards for us.)

Gordon, Sir John, Bellingham and Bowen when he came on about the only decent performances. Konza was okay. Rashford was...gash.

As far as I am aware Southgate‘s contract runs until December. We should all pray for England to win the Euros this summer, because if they do he will probably leave ‘on a high’ and the the rags won’t be able to resist appointing a ’born winner’. Happy days, they get a useless wanker and England might get a decent manager.

They'll have learned Pep knows best ;-)

The players know it too.

Even if they like Gareth as a bloke, they must be thinking "I'm working with Pep every day and now I'm being coached by this, a guy that's never won a thing".

We've all worked with people that were thoroughly nice people but nowhere near the standard of what you're used to and you know they're basically a chancer that's ended up in a position way above their ability level and winging it.

That's how the likes of Foden will feel about Waistcoat.

Exactly what I expected considering most of these players don't want to be playing these games.

Brazil with a new manager put in some real fight, our lads just jogged about.

Gallagher shouldn't be in an international squad. He isn't a DM and it showed. For an 18 year old to come on and do more in 5mins says it all. Maguire was shite, and then Dunk was even worse. Chilwell looked like he had won a competition.

Foden had the chance to run the game when Bellingham went off but didn't, another poor display in an England shirt by him (by his usual standards for us.)

Gordon, Sir John, Bellingham and Bowen when he came on about the only decent performances. Konza was okay. Rashford was...gash.
I agree with most of what you said, except Bellingham, who I actually thought was quite poor, especially his attitude (constantly moaning and quite selfish throughout), and Gordon, who looked below the level required, though, it was his debut in a bad selection from Southgate.

And I think you are being slightly harsh on Foden, who was quite clearly well ahead of everyone on the pitch, including Bellingham, who were always looking for the safe sideways and backward pass or, in the case of Sir Bellend, trying to run through the entire Brazil team for a wonder goal.

literally a penalty shootout away from losing again... oh wait!
The point is it shouldn’t have ever got to a penalty shootout,a good manger would have won the game. Mancini got Italy back in the game with his tactical changes after a terrible start Southgate just left it be

Relegation Middlesbrough

Even thats only part of the story.

Boro were a pretty decent side when he took over. They got into Europe two years running before Southgate and had just been in the UEFA cup final. They were a mainstay in the premier league for a good decade, had some good players etc.

Southgate took over, made them worse and worse until he took them down and they never recovered. They've been in the premier league once since, for one season.

That's the entirety of his club managerial career and he's managing the national team. Staggering really when you think about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.