England v Ecuador

waspish said:
I predict we won't even win a game at the World Cup but Rooney will break duck and score a goal

I thought his goal celebration last night was telling. You would have thought he had scored in the final of the WC. To me he is feeling the pressure. I suspect this means he will go under in the real games.

For me Barkley has to start. Playing in the World Cup you need someone special to open up defences & this guy has got it all.

Hart of the matter said:
waspish said:
I predict we won't even win a game at the World Cup but Rooney will break duck and score a goal

I thought his goal celebration last night was telling. You would have thought he had scored in the final of the WC. To me he is feeling the pressure. I suspect this means he will go under in the real games.

Without question. His best tournament was his first one- no pressure.

That is why I hope players such as Barkley get a real run out, if not start- he will have no pressure, and is good enough, too.

levets said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
This Luke Shaw would fit right in at United.

What a fucking fraud this kid is.

Takes up terrible defensive positions and so indecisive.

Making Valencia look like Ronaldo.

Not worth half the money being quoted.

An absolute disgrace he is in ahead of Ashley Cole.

100% with you on this...
And to think some bells reckon he is better than Kolarov FFS!

Limited and well over rated.

I suspect lots of people don't have a clue how good Shaw is or isn't. They just read the papers and base everything on the media hype. That's fair enough but you'd hope Hodgson wouldn't pick an England squad on the basis of newspaper articles.

Markt85 said:
lancs blue said:
Markt85 said:
41 pages of England abuse.

Wish people behind keyboards would just chill and watch the footie especially over a England friendly. Loads of kids out there running there heart out deserve a lot of credit.

If you actually bothered to read all 41 pages there is some constructive criticism in there but even so would 41 pages of fanboy dross be any better?

Read from 28 and there was very little

"Lampard should be nowhere near international "

"Wilshere losing the ball going down and getting injured , nothing new there "

" Luke Shaw completely out of his depth "

" Smalling is shit "

"Wilshere is fucking shite. As usual the commentators are crap and biased to any of the media darlings"

" Wilshere ,Hardly a big loss. Not nearly as good as he thinks he is."

" Milner won't be seeing anymore game time in the WC now. One of his worst that."

" Wilshere was awful. Rooney is stealing a living. Lampard is past it. "

And so on ! Will be even worse when the World Cup starts. All forums are the same for any team.

We are a nation of realists, apart from cockneys who @lav engerlaaaaaaaaaandddddddddd.

England couldn't keep the ball once rooney went off for me he has to start.

will someone please tell me .... or explain to me ..... in detail ..... WTF is Chris Smalling doing in an England shirt?

have I completely lost touch with the game?

when has Smalling been a good CB?
when has Jones has a brilliant game CB or a CM (best game i saw him play was a RB for Blackburn against United)
why we experiment with Milner at RB when Jones is a natural RB?

I know it was just a friendly and a experiment at that.

but this is what the future is going to be, we are so obsessed at the moment that we "don't have enough quality young players" coming through, that we are going to waste time on developing shit players on the hope they become great players.

Sterling, Barkley, and Judas aside .... players that wear the England shirt should have done something to deserve to wear the England shirt, not just because they have 'potential'.

I was at the match yesterday (am on holiday in Florida) and am surprised by the rave reviews for Barkley. I didn't really see any major contribution from him. The team lost its creative spark after oxlade-chamberlain went off (he was by far England's best player). It will be a major blow if he is out of the World Cup, he seemed to be the only one playing without fear. The whole team tired badly for the last half an hour which is a bit of a concern. On the plus side it was mostly fringe players for England whereas Ecuador played their strongest team.

It's impossible to pass judgement on a team of players who will never actually perform together again let alone in the World Cup. A makeshift back four behind a midfield that probably wouldn't get selected as a unit even against a team like Malta. With the exception of Lampard the other three midfielders all needed to make an impression, all three are naturally attacking players which left the back four completely unprotected. All in all I thought England did ok for a draw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.