England v Finland - Tue 10th Sept, 19:45 | UEFA Nations League

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeh I don't like him one bit as a person but he was superb tonight, as were nearly all the team. Great shape and energy to the team. Loved the system, and loved the subtle tactics he used throughout the game. Rico on the left and Arnold on the right for me all day long - especially against the weaker teams. Gomez a real class pick by the management. The hand break is deffo off for now. Hope Carsley is given the time to flourish. Just hope Bellingham coming back in doesn't disrupt it. I think the haters are just auto tuned in to the crap football/tactics that has been dealt up over recent years. Tonight was 'entertaining' at last. I'd rather go out in the semi's/quater's playing like that, than scraping through to finals with easy routs and then predictably loosing against any decent team.
I only watched some but it seemed a much better shape and system.

As an aside Lee Dixon was awful on commentary. No comments that I heard on how they were playing except calling for faster and occasional balls over the top. No comments on the likes of Gomez, Lewis and even TAA performances. And the latter was good in what seemed a clearer more flexible inverted role. The question remains on how that system works with him when under greater pressure.

Rico Lewis MotM for me. Low key but was everywhere in spaces, closing down, plugging gaps, making himself available, moving the ball quickly. Defending the left being available hugging the touchline, also defending at RB yet popping up attacking on the right as well as left, moving through the channels until alongside Kane in the D, he even missed a decent chance to score.

The embodiment of Peps philosophy. I'd love to see his heat map for the Finland game. Lesser England players are about themselves looking good on the ball to the detriment of the team because they have neither the vision nor inclination of Rico. City have a gem and only 19.

Rico Lewis MotM for me. Low key but was everywhere in spaces, closing down, plugging gaps, making himself available, moving the ball quickly. Defending the left being available hugging the touchline, also defending at RB yet popping up attacking on the right as well as left, moving through the channels until alongside Kane in the D, he even missed a decent chance to score.

The embodiment of Peps philosophy. I'd love to see his heat map for the Finland game. Lesser England players are about themselves looking good on the ball to the detriment of the team because they have neither the vision nor inclination of Rico. City have a gem and only 19.

I completely agree, he was fantastic last night. Sadly the social media fans and pundits only tend to see the star pass. I don't know how many times I've heard "TAA usually gets the pass spot on" whilst watching him shank one. He's undoubtedly got a great delivery but he also gives the ball away far too often. But the stats show an assist and a lot of key passes so I guess if you're willing to accept that part of his game it's fine.

Meanwhile Rico mopped up everything, was constantly on the move and played some lovely intricate football. There's still perhaps more he can do in an attacking sense, for club and country but at 19 he's one hell of a talent.

What was refreshing, and credit to Carsley, is that he has seen the issues England had under Southgate and looked to address them. He's seen that Rice isn't a 6 and given Gomes the chance to play that role as he's more comfortable there. We have an issue at left back so he's seen Rico has the ability to play there and he's looked to give him the same instructions as he has under Pep. And he's identified Grealish's skillset means he can play as a no.10 even if he doesn't for his club. That's a good starting point.

I'll judge the bloke when both Foden and bellend are available for selection. How he manages that situation will dictate my rating of him, and I probably will never move from that viewpoint ever again.
He's got minimal time to impress me with a full squad.
I will do the same and await a fixture where we play opponents whose game plan includes getting into our penalty area on a regular basis. I looked at the stats before we scored and texted my ERO that if anyone hadn't seen the game before looking at the figures they'd have thought someone was getting battered four or five nil!

I say as I see and that performance whilst far from perfect was a step change over what Southgate served up. Much greater fluidity and moving the ball quickly through the lines. The press was better as well. Some players still give the ball away cheaply but thats on their technical ability rather than anything the manager has done.

Good to see Rico playing as well as he does for us. John and Jack were good too.

I will do the same and await a fixture where we play opponents whose game plan includes getting into our penalty area on a regular basis. I looked at the stats before we scored and texted my ERO that if anyone hadn't seen the game before looking at the figures they'd have thought someone was getting battered four or five nil!
Yup. He’s beaten two very poor opponents. We need to see England on the front foot at a decent tempo against Spain or similar.

Before Kane came along Tottenham were always getting to CL finals and finishing 2nd in the league. England were always getting to European Championships finals, it happened everytime! The fact both his club and country experienced golden periods, by their standards, when they had the greatest goal scorer in their repsepctive histories, has nothing to do with it. Kane and his silly goals were holding them back, because he's a loser.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.