England v France - Sat 10th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The problem is, the French probably think the same about us with Pickford.

Not if they concentrate on his England performances alone they won't. Lloris is a bomb scare of a goalkeeper these days, though still capable off pulling of world-class saves.

Shearer you say ?

He's very knowledgeable .

That's the one! It's ridiculous how the media blows hot and cold with England. We are poor through the NL and we're fucked and Southgate should be sacked. Now we've won a few games against opposition we should beat and suddenly France, Spain, Brazil and Argentina are all beatable and nothing to be feared! That despite the fact we all were told to respect Senegal with them being AFCON winners etc. Load of nonsense. England rarely beat top tier teams like the aforementioned. To do so, one after the other, in the World Cup would be a real shock. But we've waited since 1966 and maybe we've just been waiting for the hardest possible route to win a World Cup so we can do it properly!

Attacking wise (England) no problem but Maguire is still a liability, Stones has his shaky moments and Walker is just a few weeks from having an op. Our defence despite only conceding 2 goals isn't great.
We have a chance absolutely but France are a much better side.

I wouldn't say they're a much better side. Kounde is playing right back. Varane is shite. Rabiot and Tchouameni wouldn't get in England's side. Dembele is average. Lloris has a howler in him. Add Kimpembe, Nkunku, Pogba, Kante and Benzema to that side and then you're talking. There's no way England compete with that. I think, in isolation, you'd look at a lot of defences in the remaining teams and see issues. We're pretty robust as a defensive group. All teams concede chances at this level.

I think some are getting carried away, but the majority of England fans know it's a tough game hence why the chat is dominated by stopping Mbappe and less about what we can do.

I read Shearer's article on the BBC. Ridiculous. Saying when you look at the route to the final now there's nothing to fear. We've got an incredibly difficult QF and then could face Spain or Portugal before playing Brazil/Argentina/Croatia/Netherlands in the final. It couldn't be harder really. If today's games go as planned then you've got top quality teams all the way through and anyone who wins it will have earnt it and some!

Wio is talking about how this French side are missing some key players, and they are. That's the only reason we have a chance. If they had Kante, Pogba, Benzema, Kimpembe, Nkunku then we wouldn't stand a chance. With the squad we have, our first 11 probably edges theirs and our bench is stronger I'd say. But they've won it before and there are no signs of the usual French infighting which can derail them. They play with freedom and back themselves to outscore anybody even if they're defensively weak. I think we'll end up having to go toe to toe with them and hope we score more than they do. I can't see us stopping them from scoring.

You could argue their first 11 now are a better team unit

They had all of those players in the Euros last year and they were shite and looked disjointed in some games too. Mbappe did very little and then they got sent packing by the Swiss.

Just because a team looks good on paper doesn’t necessarily mean it is, especially when you have to stick them all together for a short tournament.

The team they play now look very cohesive on the pitch. If you give me a choice of playing the team they put out in the Euros last year after seeing how they played or the team in this World Cup, I would choose to play last years team, regardless of big names.

games we didn't concede ?
You’ve got to look beyond that. He was awful v Iran, Wales and Senegal, and against France we’ll be 2-0 down before we start playing. I really really hope we get the USA McGuire. He was great v them. It’s not his fault btw. He’s out of match practice because he doesn’t play for United. I’ll support any player playing for England no matter who they play for - it just really worries me that he’ll get destroyed. If we get to a final this time we’ll have really earned it with the teams we’ve got coming up rather than the lucky draws we’ve had in the last two tournaments. Then I’ll eat my words and give Southgate all the praise in the world for proving me and half the country wrong

You’ve got to look beyond that. He was awful v Iran, Wales and Senegal, and against France we’ll be 2-0 down before we start playing. I really really hope we get the USA McGuire. He was great v them. It’s not his fault btw. He’s out of match practice because he doesn’t play for United. I’ll support any player playing for England no matter who they play for - it just really worries me that he’ll get destroyed. If we get to a final this time we’ll have really earned it with the teams we’ve got coming up rather than the lucky draws we’ve had in the last two tournaments. Then I’ll eat my words and give Southgate all the praise in the world for proving me and half the country wrong

I didn't want Maguire anywhere near the team, let alone the squad

but i really don't see how he's been 'awful' in any of the games so far, i'd go far as to say him and stones at the back have formed a real solid partnership and we look good at the back

Has to stick with Henderson in a midfield 3, mason mount doesn't get near a starting place. Can the England midfield get into the France back 4, if so we will cause problems, rabiot can be lightweight, verane is wank and lloris is sugar or shite. A fascinating match up with so much riding on walker and stones on the right side of our defence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.